2nd Line Technical Customer Support Engineer
Snow's mission is to stop organizations overpaying for the software they use, today and tomorrow. We help organizations optimize software availability, compliance and cost savings through delivery of on premise and cloud-based Software Asset Management solutions. Today we are the largest and most successful dedicated developer of SAM solutions with staff all over the world in regional locations. To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for the brightest, and most highly-skilled people who have their best work ahead of them. Now is the right time to join Snow.
Role purpose: Provide escalation ownership of support cases with appropriate customer engagement and response against reported support requests. Ensuring appropriate next steps expectations and progress towards resolution. Provide trusted resource mentor to 1st Line support engineers.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Review provided case data and current investigation path clarifying with the customer where required and taking appropriate action.
- Updating support cases with appropriate technical steps and customer conversations ensuring appropriate documentation for issue tracking
- Maintain Knowledge Based articles alongside support case management as required to share knowledge.
- Work across the CSO org to ensure the best possible customer solution/outcome
- Ensure appropriate internal and external communications and action plans are present in case at all times including steps to resolve.
- Provides technical training/mentor to other support teams to reduce time to resolution given their knowledge and experience level.
- Experience running SQL Server queries with confidence to configure where needed
- Ability to handle and progress complex technical issues.
- Ability to convey complex technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Self-motivated to network with wider organisation to architect solutions
- Ability to view technical issues from a customer viewpoint.
What we require from you
- Ensure the highest level of support available from Snow Software to customers and partners within the APAC region
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, measured on a regular basis
- Create and maintain knowledgebase articles/videos/community threads to address customer questions and issues ahead of support service involvement
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Excellent time management, decision making, prioritization and organization skills.
- Team player. Promotes a spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
- Welcomes challenging environments to apply specialist skills, maintaining customer confidence.
- Projects a positive and professional image, via all means of interaction, remote and face-to-face.
- Proven technical diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge of ITIL framework
- Knowledge of SQL roles and environments.
- Eager to learn new skills and technologies.
- Desire and ability to travel to Snow Headquarters in Stockholm from time to time
- Good knowledge and experience of working with Windows Server (AD, IIS / Web Services) and Desktop environments.
- Ideally 4+ years technical experience with computer software and hardware.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organised.
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organisational, and presentation skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must efficiently manage time, prioritise work and multi-task across many incidents and many different customers
- Proficient in electronic office related applications such as E-Mail clients, FTP clients and Web Browsers.
- Experience with hardware and software issues.
- Technical Skills
- Understanding of Networks, the hardware, standards and protocols including Switches, routers, DNS, HTTP/S and TCP IP.
- Familiarity with IIS, Microsoft Operating Systems both server and client, and MS SQL Server
What we offer
This is a chance for you to accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a very positive daily impact. Every day you will work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.
We look forward to your application. Please apply in English.
Snow Software is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We are always committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Discrimination is not welcome on the basis of any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.