3rd Year Electronics & Communications Apprentice
- Earn whilst working towards a career
- Gain a Nationally Recognised Qualification
- Located in Sydney
Who you’ll be working with…
HVTC Sydney is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your apprenticeship, you’ll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with a reputable Host Employer, located in Sydney. We’ll provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential.
So what are you waiting for?
What you’ll be doing…
You will complete a Certificate III Electronics & Communications through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience with the Host Employer.
Throughout your formal training and practical experience in the workplace, you will have the opportunity to perform the following tasks:
- Assisting Tradesmen and Technicians to maintain electronic signs & roadside equipment such as Variable Message Signs, Vehicle Detector and Classification Systems, Variable Speed Limit signs and Over-height Vehicle Detection Systems
- Maintain updated company assets, tools, equipment and documentation
- Use online platforms to submit timesheets of working jobs
- Trouble shoot and fault diagnosis
- Follow traffic control & plans to complete specific jobs
What you’ll bring to the table…
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to meet the following selection criteria:
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Commitment to both on and off the job training
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Knowledge and understanding of Electronic trade
- Awareness of WHS in the workplace
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer operation skills
- Current enrolment in Cert III Electronics & Communications
- Current Drivers Licence (Provisional Accepted)
- Construction Induction (White card)
What to do next
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply for this job’ button and then follow the steps to complete your application. You can also apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking on 'Vacancies' and selecting the relevant position, then the 'Apply Online' button at the bottom of the page.
All applications require a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Rebecca Sparks on 02 4271 7***.
Applications close Thursday 21st August 2020
As a recognised 2019 Diversity Champion HVTC are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from indigenous backgrounds, women seeking non-traditional trade opportunities and mature aged people.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.