Abinitio Lead Developer AIA Dev LP
Cognizant is always looking for top talent. We are searching for candidates to
fill future needs within the business. This job posting represents potential
future employment opportunities with Cognizant. Although the position is not
currently available, we want to provide you with the opportunity to express
your interest in future employment opportunities with Cognizant. If a job
opportunity that you may be qualified for becomes available in the future, we
will notify you. At that time you can determine whether you would like to apply
for the specific open position. Thank you for your interest in Cognizant career
Cognizant is looking for AbInitio Lead to join our Artificial Intelligence and
Analytics practice (AIA). You are a trusted advisor, responsible for providing
an approach for the overall project. As a subject matter expert, you will drive
technology discussions and analyze the existing architecture for gaps in
addressing business needs. You are a thought leader-comfortable challenging the
status quo to enhance our current services and technologies.
About_AI_&_Analytics: Artificial intelligence (AI) and the data it collects and
analyzes will soon sit at the core of all intelligent, human-centric
businesses. By decoding customer needs, preferences, and behaviors, our clients
can understand exactly what services, products, and experiences their consumers
need. Within AI & Analytics, we work to design the future a future in which
trial-and-error business decisions have been replaced by informed choices and
By applying AI and data science, we help leading companies to prototype,
refine, validate, and scale their AI and analytics products and delivery
models. Cognizant s AIA practice takes insights that are buried in data, an
provides businesses a clear way to transform how they source, interpret and
consume their information. Our clients need flexible data structures and a
streamlined data architecture that quickly turns data resources into
insightful, actionable intelligence.
Locations preferred but not limited to: Charlotte NC
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need
for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
* Designing and developing complex components on strategic projects in
collaborating with onshore consultants and offshore team.
* Create high level and detailed design artifacts, test plans and also
independently develop and contribute to the development projects using Ab
* Act as subject matter expertise in the data analysis, defining
specifications and building data pipeline.
* Quickly identify an opportunity and recommend possible technical
* Serve as mentor or coach to mid-level developers and analysts, allocating
work as necessary.
* Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business, such as
architecture and infrastructure, integrate to accomplish business goals.
* Must have 7+ years of experience in Ab Initio Development.
* Lead or participate in the definition, execution and communication of ETL
strategy and technical solution.
* Hands on experience in using Ab Initio graph development especially
in areas of generic graphs designs/ building reusable transformation.
* Hands on experience in performance tunings of Ab Initio graphs.
* Should have good communication skills and should have worked in
developing complex ETL mappings in Ab Initio.
* Wells versed in ETL data ingestion/data transformation frameworks using
* Experience in developing Ab Initio Plans will be a good have skills.
* Extensive hands on in Vector functions, PDL and Metaprogramming.
* Strong technical experience in Design (Mapping specifications, HLD, LLD),
Development (Coding, Unit testing) using Ab Initio.
* Should be able to provide oversight and technical guidance for developers
on Ab Initio.
* Well versed in developing Unix shell scripts and ability to write
optimized SQL code.
* Working knowledge in Job Scheduling Tools.
* Experience with Agile, Waterfall Project Methodologies.
* Experience in Continuous flow (real time), Hadoop HDFS file system and
Cloud Technologies will be plus.
* Expertise in using Spark SQL with various data sources like JSON, Parquet
and Key Value Pair.
* Experience in creating tables, partitioning, bucketing, loading and
aggregating data using Spark SQL/Scala
* In depth understanding of Azure cloud and Data lake and Analytics
solutions on Azure
* Able to build ingestion to ADLS and enable BI layer for Analytics
* Strong understanding of Data Modeling and defining conceptual logical and
physical data models
* Proven track record of building deep sales/technical relationships with
CXO s and practice building executives within highly strategic system
* Experience in managing various client relationships to get consensus on
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Jun 12 2020
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional
services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology
models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach
helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses.
Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is
consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how
Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at or follow us
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition
member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists
Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to
leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence
instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity,
sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for
a job opening or submit an application, please email
with your request and contact information.
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.