Account Executive - Boston
F. Schumacher & Co., America’s leading name for designing and distributing fabric, wall covering, floorcovering and furnishings is seeking q seasoned Account Executive. The successful professional will exercise a strategic multi-brand & commodity sales strategy. The position will be responsible for selling high-end fabric, wall covering & furniture lines as well as product & sampling assortments to accounts within the territory.
As a part of the outside sales team, the Account Executive will reinforce brand positioning within the marketplace and provide key service for accounts within the territory. This candidate will be ideally based in the Greater New England Area and will cover Greater New England, including Western MA, RI, CT (North of New Haven), ME, NH, VT and Western NY) (with 30-40% of the work require overnight travel).
A passion for luxury and an unwavering commitment to beauty are woven into everything we do. Our mission is to elevate living through great design, to be a style leader within the design community, and to create a beautiful product, always.
Our Account Executives play a critical role in our goal of beautiful selling within a community, specifically in extending our client reach and the experience of every client in a territory.
- Exhibit product expertise and the ability to advise clients on all parts of their project.
- Inspire customers with new ideas, schemes, install shots, and brand marketing.
- Present line shows to clients in an exciting, well-thought out fashion tailored to their own needs and style.
- Always provide the best possible customer service while enhancing the Schumacher mission to offer the highest quality product and service standards in the luxury market.
- Maximize sales of all luxury brands and product categories in the geographic territory including fabric, wall covering, furniture and floor covering.
- Strategically establish, develop, and grow existing and new business in the residential and commercial market.
- Analyze the territory and identify growth opportunities for existing and new accounts.
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of all product categories, including pricing, industry competition and trends.
- Prepare comprehensive proposals specific to the client-customer needs for successful closure.
- Leverage the Schumacher sales and reporting tools to manage client order status and increase territory sales.
- Seek and develop new business opportunities through trade affiliations, industry functions such as market, line showings, mailing, trade publications, social and professional networking.
- Utilize and expand Schumacher’s presence through online and digital channels; utilize social media to expand brand presence and client reach.
- Collaborate with the showroom team(s) to maximize sales across all product categories to achieve individual and team sales goals.
- Ability to establish and execute a multi-brand account strategy in the interior design market.
- Proven ability to set and achieve sales goals through active collaboration and ability to influence the sale.
- Experience in managing multiple accounts and building trusting and mutually successful client relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively in order to build account level sales as well as strategically develop new business in a rapidly changing environment.
- Competitive drive and entrepreneurial mindset in order to expand client base and grow existing accounts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and adapt to change.
- Exceptional organizational and follow-through skills; high level of ownership, accountability and initiative.
- Proficiency in MS Windows and Office suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Dependable transportation and a clean driving record.
- Proven ability to identify growth opportunities including high potential customers & new accounts.
- Basic knowledge and proficiency of Instagram and using social media.
ABOUT F. SCHUMACHER & Co.:
F. Schumacher & Co is a 130-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 130-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.
F. Schumacher & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.