Account Executive - Public Affairs
FleishmanHillard’s Washington, D.C. office is looking for an energetic, self-starting Account Executive to join our Public Affairs team. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for an early-career Public Affairs practitioner to work with leading companies and national associations on the critical issues of the day, including environmental, food, manufacturing, technology, trade and next-generation transportation.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Develop and execute elements of public affairs and reputation campaigns with planning, writing, media outreach and reporting to clients
- Help draft strategies and messaging that enable clients to achieve their goals and objectives
- Drive media pitching and preparation, including developing media lists, briefing materials and helping to prepare clients for interviews
- Support creation and implementation of client events, partnerships, sponsorships and more
- Develop strategic communication materials and content: press releases, talking points, Q&A, media statements, bylines and blogs, video scripts, executive remarks, tweets, etc.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the brand, creative, crisis and digital practices, among others, to tap into agency specialists and produce integrated strategies that allow FH to have the greatest impact for clients.
- Support new business opportunities, proposals and contribute to Public Affairs thought leadership.
- 2-3 years of experience working in Public Affairs. PR agency experience is preferred.
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills that reflect 1) an ability to clarify and simplify complicated issues and diverse subject matter, and 2) versatility in tone and technique depending on the author and/or audience.
- Understanding of business, political and trade media, experience establishing relationships with reporters, and a record of securing media coverage for a range of clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
- Strong understanding of policy issues and ability to understand how political news of the day impacts clients.
- Entrepreneurial and action-oriented in business development activities.
- Ability to solve problems and exercise excellent judgment with the ability to think “outside of the box.”
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines without sacrificing quality, maintain good client relationships and deliver outstanding results.
- Professional, proactive and committed to high standards in the quality of the communications product.
- Team player with a can do attitude.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.