Accountant (1 Year Contract)
Reporting to Head of Finance, Singapore, this role will be responsible for providing support and services on regulatory and internal reporting for Singapore in accordance to the Company and Singapore legislative requirement.
- Responsible for financial, statutory and management reporting, external and internal audits.
- Meet the reporting deadlines of Singapore statutory bodies and Company.
- Responsible for drafting communications with MAS and IRAS for final review by Singapore Management.
- Oversee daily operations and review of payments and be involved in treasury matters such as capital management forecast and cash positioning reporting.
- Lead the budgeting process for Singapore and provide Singapore Management with timely Actual vs Budget reporting
- Assist with IFRS 9 and 17 implementation in Singapore, operationalize Accounting Hub and Investments Data Warehouse for use in reporting and IFRS financial statements
- Facilitate cross function projects from a Finance perspective
- Review work of Finance Executives, developing and mentoring them in Accounting knowledge and Management reporting.
- Explore process improvement opportunities and implement changes within the Finance team processes
- Any other tasks or projects as assigned by management
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in a Finance related discipline
- At least 4 years of Accounting or/and Finance experience in the insurance industry and the Life Insurance experience will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Accounting Standards and MAS reporting
- Strong IT and Excel skills and experience with a GL system
- Prior working knowledge of Microsoft Finance & Operations (F&O) and Oracle Essbase queries will be a strong advantage
- High degree of interpersonal and communication skills
- Pro-active and positive attitude
- Have good organization skill and be meticulous paying attention to details.
- Able to work under pressure and independently in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate/Embed Aegon Leadership Commitments
We offer attractive remuneration package including 5-day work week, fringe benefits (medical, dental, life insurance) and good career prospect to the right candidate.
Interested candidates are invited to submit the application with detailed resume stating educational background, working experience, current and expected salaries and contact number.
Your application will be treated in strict confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes.
Personal data of unsuccessful applicants may be retained up to two years only. #LI-DNICompany information
Aegon Asia is part of the Aegon Group – a life insurance, pension and asset management company headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands with a presence in more than 25 markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Aegon N.V. is listed on the Amsterdam and New York stock exchanges. Aegon companies employ over 29,000 employees and have millions of customers across the globe.
Asia is among the world's fastest developing regions and presents significant growth opportunities for Aegon. With the Regional Office headquartered in Hong Kong, Aegon's regional division oversees and supports operations in eight countries across Asia Pacific. A recently created regional digital team based in Singapore drives digital innovations in the region. Aegon operates through three major joint ventures in China, India, and Japan, in addition to the pan-Asian operations of Transamerica Life Bermuda and Aegon Insights.
Transamerica Life Bermuda (TLB)
Founded in 1906, Transamerica is one of the world's leading financial services companies with over 100 years of history. Transamerica Life (Bermuda) Ltd. (Transamerica Life Bermuda) was established in 2005 and its full-service branches opened in Hong Kong and Singapore in 2006.
Transamerica Life Bermuda is a leading High Net Worth insurance provider, dedicated to offering life protection to High Net Worth individuals, families and businesses across Asia and beyond. With over 80 years of heritage in Asia, we offer innovative insurance solutions that help customers protect their wealth legacies and preserve their hard-earned assets for generations to come. Our aim is to deliver exceptional service and powerful solutions that protect and perform at the highest possible level. Transamerica Life Bermuda is of the Aegon Group.
Transamerica Life Bermuda LinkedIn
Aegon Insights is the Asia Pacific-based insurance marketing and consulting arm of Aegon, one of the world's leading financial services organizations, providing life insurance, pensions and asset management. Aegon Insights has operations in Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan and Thailand, with its regional office in Hong Kong.
With expertise in customer journey design and distribution of protection products, Aegon Insights provides solutions for its business partners and their customers; from customer analytics insights with actionable models, integrated distribution platform solutions, innovative product design, marketing campaign and omni-channel distribution design; through to assistance with policy administration and claims management.
Aegon Insights LinkedIn
Aegon Asset Management Asia
From our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, Aegon Asset Management Asia offers investment management solutions and services from across our centres of expertise in North America, the UK, Continental Europe and Asia.
Aegon Asset Management's specialist teams provide high-quality investment solutions across asset classes, including fixed income, multi-asset, real estate, equities, absolute return, multi-manager, liability-driven, and ethical investing.
The Aegon Asset Management group is the global investment management company of Aegon and operates multiple brands.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.