Status: Temporary 12+ Month Contract
Education Level:Post Secondary or equivalent experience
Deadline to Apply: July 31, 2020
BE THE GENERATION to challenge and change.
At OPG, our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about us that
don t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship. We
operate a diverse portfolio of generation assets including nuclear,
hydroelectric, biomass and solar, and offer challenging and unique work
opportunities. BE THE GENERATION to power tomorrow.
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is looking for a dedicated and results driven
professional to join our team in the role of Administration Clerkat our Thunder
Bay, Ontario facility.
This role is responsible for performing skilled clerical and receptionist
duties in an office setting within an industrial environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment where you will
contribute to Ontario Power Generation s continued growth and success in
generating safe, clean, reliable low-cost power in a sustainable manner.
* Accessing and operating various software programs
* Schedule and maintain a calendar of events, work schedules and vacation
* Produce correspondence, reports, presentation material, standard forms,
numerical data, and other documentation
* Make all necessary arrangements for meetings and trainings
* Make all necessary travel arrangements
* Prepare/reconcile expenses
* Maintain stationery and office supplies ensuring sufficient inventory
levels are maintained.
* Other administrative duties as required
* A minimum of 1 year of Post Secondary Education or equivalent experience,
including proficiency in keyboarding and English grammar skills.
* A certificate or diploma in Office Administration or Executive
Administration is a desirable asset.
OPG is looking for an administrative team player with the following
* 3 years of clerical/administrative experience supporting a manager and
team in a broad range of office functions
* 1-2 years of experience operating a multi-line office telephone system
* Software proficiency - including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Passport and Asset Suite an asset.
* 50 wpm keyboard skills with a high degree of accuracy
* Excellent knowledge of general office procedures and practices
* Outstanding customer service skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Good organizational skills
* Demonstrated ability to work independently
* Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing office environments and
* Demonstrated ability to exercise mature judgment and initiative
* Demonstrated ability to handle confidential material and information with
* Demonstrates a professional, friendly and approachable demeanor
The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and
commitment to upholding corporate values, and the OPG Code of Business
* WHY OPG?
As Ontario s largest clean energy generator, Ontario Power Generation
(OPG) offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and
career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental
value. Being an OPG employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden
your skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is
vital to Ontario's success.
At OPG our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about
our organization that don t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence.
People and Citizenship.
Here's why OPG might just be the ideal workplace for you:
* Exceptional range of opportunities province-wide
* Long-term career growth and development opportunities
* Electricity is vital to the province
If you are looking to learn from others and be part of something
important, and you are excited about the future of power generation, you
will find the right fit at OPG.
Our promise to you
* We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our
* A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
* Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business.
* Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions,
* Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we
* We support employment equity and diversity.
Please submit your application online at by 11:59
PM E.S.T., July 31, 2020. OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only
candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
OPG is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible
environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If
you require accommodation during the application or interview process,
please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be
If you require technical support in a format that is accessible to you,
To be dratfed following approvals.
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.