Administrative Assistant 2 (Melbourne, FL)
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman’s Aeronautics Systems sector has multiple openings for an Administrative Assistant 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. These positions will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
- Performs normal office functions such as setting up and maintaining physical files
- Screening calls, troubleshooting, provide solutions and transferring if necessary
- Arranging meetings and conferences: reserving conference rooms, managing conflicting outlook calendars, creating/managing Outlook invites, coordinating meal plans if necessary
- Collecting, organizing, and distributing mail for support team
- Reviewing drafts and finished documents for appropriate grammatical and spelling usage
- Proactively answering questions relating to office operations and established policies and procedures
- Purchasing necessary supplies and maintaining inventory within allotted budget
- Gathering, compiling and reporting on information relevant to supervisor’s assignment in a timely and accurate manner
- Must have at least a High School diploma/GED and 2+ years’ experience working in a customer support type role or an administrative assistant role.
- Must have the ability to attain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Military and/or Defense industry experience
- Experience working with travel agencies to coordinate itineraries for domestic and international travel
- Concur Software experience (Travel/Expense Software Program)
- Experience in planning, coordinating and overseeing catering for corporate meetings
- Strong ability to multi-task with competing priorities in a positive manner
- Ability to lift 25+ lbs. daily (restocking printer paper for team)
- Basic proficiency with MS Office tools Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word (ability to open and operate)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.