Administrative Assistant II, Arts & Sciences Dean's Office
La Salle University
The Administrative Assistant II is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the Chair, Director, Faculty and / or administrative staff of departments or programs as assigned. 12 month position.Essential Duties
- Answer phones/check department / program email address and supply information on routine matters. May need to do research in order to provide complete information or service to alumni, students, parents, faculty, or staff.
- Receive, greet, direct, and assist students, parents, and visitors serving as a source of information regarding program policies, procedures, and activities.
- Provide data maintenance and support and appropriate coding/updating of information in Banner
- Establish, coordinate, maintain, and update records of all aspects of programs operations, including files, databases, records, and/or other documents - both electronic and paper
- Assist the Chair or program director in the creation of class schedules and preliminary payroll reports. If area served includes a graduate program, coordinate student registration, including monitoring enrollments and assigning students to sections
- Serve as the departmental resource in hiring processes and procedures, including the PeopleAdmin employment portal.
- Assist in administering the budget, including tracking and monitoring purchases
- Advise department faculty regarding correct forms to use for University activities (e.g., conference support application and reimbursement)
- Maintain accuracy of web page information.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and/or other similar activities.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the faculty and staff of other academic and non-academic departments; report information as required to the Office of the Dean
- Oversee, train, and coordinate the schedules and assignments of student employees.
- Receive and distribute mail and packages.
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies and any other necessary materials.
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment and facilities.
- Assist with regular data collection, surveying, etc. as needed for the preparation of reports for internal or external use, such as assessment or accreditation
- If area served includes a graduate program, assist with admissions process and coordinate logistics where needed
- Assist with office coverage with other Administrative Assistants when and where necessary, as directed.
- Participate in ongoing professional development opportunities for administrative support staff as provided by the School or University
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate's degree and 4 or more years of experience in an administrative support role or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mastery of intermediate skill level in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet search software relevant to the position.
- Intermediate skills in function specific database software or willingness to learn (e.g., Banner, Argos, Canvas, Degree Works).
- Excellent communication skills (i.e. grammar, vocabulary) to be applied to telephone communications and to written communications such as email, letters, memos, etc.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of La Salle University.
- Previous administrative experience in an academic setting.
- Knowledge of Spanish or another language other than English (in positions where there is routine contact with students, families, or clients who are not native speakers of English).
- Positions that support programs with evening course offerings require some days with an adjusted scheduled (i.e. through start of evening courses)
- May be required to attend and assist in key events during evenings or weekends.
- May need to sit for extended periods of time.
- May be required to lift boxes of up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to move around campus.
- May be required to deliver information or packages around campus.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.