About the role:
As the successful applicant, you will be part of a team that is responsible for the receipt, storage, disposal and auditing of property items managed by work units within the Victoria Police 313 Complex, including Crime Command, North West Metro Division 1 Ops Support Units, Melbourne West Uniform, Counter Terrorism Command and Intelligence & Covert Support Command. The initial workplace will be within a workgroup from Crime Command. We are looking for a motivated VPS staff to join our team.
Victoria Police is a contemporary and agile workplace and support flexible working arrangements.
Your duties will include:
- Performing data entry with a high-level attention to detail across multiple Victoria Police databases and applications.
- Manual Handling and the transportation of exhibits across storage sites.
- Assisting specific workgroups with heavy property holdings, working alongside investigators to accurately record, store and manage exhibits.
- Customer service to internal and external customers.
- Administrative duties and assistance in the collection of data and information to support management.
- Auditing of exhibits.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Ability to maintain systematic and administrative records.
- Good computer skills, particularly in relation to data entry and software packages.
- Good organisational skills and time management, with the ability to work without supervision and meet deadlines set by managers.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise work loads.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise and work with both sworn and VPS personnel.
- An understanding of property management and processing, including the use of the PALM application is desirable but not mandatory.
Requirements and relevant information:
- One (1) full-time, fixed term (until 13/06/2021) position is currently available.
- The position is located at the Victoria Police Complex, 313 Spencer Street, Docklands.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include fingerprint checks and misconduct screening.
Your application must include:
- Completed application form - attached to the job advertisement.
Applications close midnight, Wednesday 26 August 2020.
Please Note: All applications will need to be submitted through one of the following platforms; the Victorian Government careers website (Careers.vic) or Job Skills Exchange (JSE) website. Applications will not be accepted via other platforms or email.
If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact VPS Recruitment via email **************@police.vic.gov.au or on (03) 8335 8***.
Victoria Police is a large organisation employing police, public servants and protective services officers. Victoria Police provides support to the community 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
At Victoria Police our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We continually seek to attract and retain a diverse workforce which includes people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.