Florida Institute of Technology
- Exercises discretion and independent judgement with matters of significance directly related to management or general business operations. Recruits, advises and determines admission decisions for prospective freshmen and transfer students from high schools and community colleges.
- Manages all inquiries and applications from a designated geographical territory. Counsels students and families on admission criteria and process. Welcomes and advises prospective students and families during campus visit events. Guides students and families through the entire enrollment management process of admission, financial aid and matriculation. Conducts university information sessions for visiting students and parents.
- Conducts formal presentations to student, parent and teacher groups. Evaluates undergraduate applications and makes admission decisions. Evaluates and awards merit based scholarships. Assesses designated geographical territory and recommends programs to increase public awareness and qualified matriculates to the university.
- Extensive university business travel required (10-15 weeks) each year. Assist with on-campus recruiting events that are conducted after normal business hours. Attend conferences for Professional development. Develops and manages relationships with high school guidance counselor and independent counselors. Supervises an assigned college work study or college role student.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Evaluates undergraduate applications by reading transcripts, test scores, essays, letters of recommendation and determines admission and merit based scholarship decisions as well as any specialty scholarships student may be eligible for. Contact high school guidance offices for information that could be relevant that is not in the application.
- Plans and conducts travel to designated geographical region throughout the country and represents the university during college fairs, high school visits, off-campus interviews admitted student receptions and alumni receptions 10-15 weeks each year.
- Counsels prospective undergraduate students and families concerning enrollment process and criteria as well as the Universities Financial Aid process.
- Conducts university information sessions both on and off campus, providing information regarding courses of study, financial aid guidelines, and other facets of the University for students, families, high school guidance counselors and other specialty groups.
- Assesses and develops recruitment strategy for designated geographical region regarding the selection of which high schools and college fairs to visit, location and timing of off campus interviews and admitted student receptions.
- Conducts office-based contact by mail, email and phone with students, and parents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid Drivers License
- Minimum of 0-2 years of relevant work experience required
- Ability to travel extensively on university business
- Good communication and management skills
- Must be able to work within a team and autonomously.
- Must have a working knowledge of basic microsoft office products.
- Knowledge of the university and enrollment management preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
We are an E-verify employer
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.