Admissions Office Coordinator - California Institute of Integral Studies
California Institute of Integral Studies
The Admissions Office Coordinator handles a broad range of duties and responsibilities that maintain, facilitate and improve the workflow/operations of the Office of Admissions and are essential to our recruitment and admissions processes. Working within the office, or with other departments, the position is responsible for responding to prospective student inquiries, processing applications, and maintaining departmental/CIIS admissions policies and workflow procedures. The work hours are generally Monday to Friday (20 hours during 9am-5pm business hours), plus occasional weekend and evening recruiting events. At present, this is remote work; in future, after shelter-in-place lifts and work conditions modify, it will be again in-office work at 1453 Mission St, San Francisco.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with day-to-day administration of the office, including greeting students (in person or by phone), directing students to appropriate counselor, and answering the general phone line and email. At present while work is remote during shelter-in-place, the office coordinator manages the voicemail inbox remotely.
- Process a wide variety of application materials (applications, transcripts, recommendations, inquiries); determine appropriate action (e.g., data entry, referral to counselor), files materials as appropriate; prepare and distribute materials.
- Maintain physical and electronic applicant files. Creates new files; gathers file contents from a variety of locations. Monitors status of files including file maintenance and clean up.
- Enter prospective student inquiry and application information into database.
- Run audit reports and maintain data according to establishing admissions data practices.
- Coordinate with the Admissions Manager to assist with the Open House and other recruiting events.
- Assists Admissions Manager with web updates, utilizing content management systems.
- Work with administrative team to develop and implement admission policies and workflow procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Administrative experience working in higher education preferred
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines; well-organized
- Strong level of proficiency working with Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Familiarity working with databases; Jenzabar and Slate knowledge a plus
- Strong customer service orientation
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a diverse environment
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Working Conditions -- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm with occasional weekend and evening recruitment commitments. At present, this position requires remote work with access to a computer and reliable internet; in future, after shelter-in-place lifts and work conditions modify, it will be in-office work at 1453 Mission St, San Francisco.
- Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).PI121082348
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.