Advisor - Global Supply Management
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Global Supply Management Advisor in our Market Commodity team in Dell Singapore.
Global supply at one of the world’s largest technology companies is no small challenge. It’s complex, fast moving, ever changing and above all exciting. It keeps our people on their toes. Our Global Supply Management team within Materials and Procurement takes charge of global supply planning for specific platforms and commodity areas. Focused on business goals and objectives, we take the lead in supplier selection, product delivery specifications and quality. We succeed through our ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with global internal and external supply chain partners.
This role is principally responsible for global supply planning for their specific platform/commodity area within Dell’s WWP, Market Commodity function. The Global Supply Manager will directly report to the Procurement Director within WWP Market Commodities and ensures sourcing efforts meet business goals and objectives.
The incumbent also engages activities related to global sourcing, supplier selection, product delivery specifications, and quality. One other primary role allows opportunities to develop and maintain working relationships with global internal/external supply chain partners.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs short-term and long-term capacity analysis for their commodity
- Coordinates global supply with regional procurement and balances available supply against supplier capacity
- Performs long-range capacity analysis for their commodity and identifies industry constrained components
- Conducts risk analysis of components and escalates when required
- Issues program forecast to suppliers on a regular basis
- Identifies industry-constrained components for their commodity area of responsibility
- Around 5-7 years of relevant experience with strong business acumen, MBA preferred
- Manages projects and program execution details in a structured manner; strong ability to execute demand supply resolution Issues; strong supplier management skills
- Leverages knowledge of change management practices and philosophies
- Detail-oriented and comfortable with documenting/tracking progress, including leveraging key tools or software to ensure projects are properly supported with strong planning (material and capacity) analysis skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to engage with executive level leaders, including executive level presentations
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can build relationships that keep our global supply chain moving, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.Job ID: R067566
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.