Ageing and Aged Care Coordinator
- Convenient Sydney location
- Flexible working options - work from home and the office
- Role is available Full Time Fixed Term
- Salary: SCHADS Level 5 $81,226 to $84,877 plus salary packaging
The National LGBTI Health Alliance is the national peak health organisation in Australia for organisations and individuals that provide health-related programs, services and research focused on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex people (LGBTI) and other sexuality, gender, and bodily diverse people and communities.
The Alliance works in partnership with organisations across Australia to deliver programs across suicide prevention (MindOUT), ageing and aged care (Silver Rainbow) and anonymous, LGBTI peer support and referral (QLife) and in disability (EmployableQ).
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Ageing and Aged Care Project Coordinator has oversight and coordination responsibilities of the Alliance's Ageing and Aged Care program - this program sits within the Silver Rainbow project. The core focus of this role is to ensure the Alliance delivers the objectives specified in the Ageing and Aged Care funding stream.
Leading a small team this position is responsible for managing the national coordination and training / capacity building components of the Ageing and Aged Care program. The core focus of the role is to ensure the successful delivery of program activities.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications with relevant experience in relation to Aged Care Sector, education, social science or other relevant fields.
- Minimum two years' experience working in aged care management.
- Established relationships with aged care sector peaks, such as ACSA and LASA.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, specific to the implementation of aged care programs, services and / or resources.
- Demonstrated experience in building capacity, designing, and delivering training and education programs (preferably in the aged care sector).
- Experience of working effectively and collaboratively in a small team environment, with minimal supervision.
- Experience in managing and mentoring a small team.
- An in depth understanding of the Aged Care Quality Standards, Charter of Aged Care Rights and the Aged Care Diversity Framework.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the health and human rights of LGBTI people and communities.
- Demonstrated understanding of the workings of government (Commonwealth and State/Territory).
- Understanding of the LGBTI government and non-government health sector.
- Understanding of the health needs and outcomes of LGBTI older people.
- Experience working with co-design principles.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) and social media.
If you would like to discuss the role and working at the Alliance please call Emma Smith on 02 8860 9380.
A position description and targeted questions to answer are attached.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.