Emerson Middle East & Africa
The Application Analyst/Developer is a critical member of the organization and is one of the primary client-facing individuals. This is a hands-on position where you will create and enforce project specific standards, augment and enhance our solutions, and benchmark individual and application performance metrics as well as estimate level of effort for initiatives.Responsibilities
- Develop, manage, and implement deliverables of our cross-functional teams that are focused on implementing our products for the Oil and Gas industry.
- Managing existing implementations, and conduct internal R&D initiatives.
- Provide software resource estimation, project work breakdown planning, and tracking progress to milestones.
- Troubleshoot customers requests/issues.
- Committed to quality, self-improvement, and team-oriented development.
- Provide guidance and level of effort regarding scope and complexity of deliverables.
- Review technical design specifications.
- Knowledge of SQL Server, Oracle or other RDBMS development and administration of Windows, Linux & Unix.
- Adapt existing experience to new environments.
- Knowledge of internet based systems including experience developing web based applications.
- Participate in functional, regression and performance testing.
- Issue triage and tracking.
- Lead a team of developers both in the office and at client locations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related Technical area and 4 years of experience, or a Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related Technical area and 3 years of experience.
- Experience with .NET stack, C#, ASP.NET and MS SQL Server / Transact-SQL
- Strong Programming Skills
- Strong communication skills (client facing)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with liquid pipeline operations or volumetric accounting
- Knowledge of oil and gas pipeline industry
- Flexibility to work harmoniously with a small development team
WHY EMERSON? Our Commitment to Our PeopleWe invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.Our Commitment to Diversity & InclusionAt Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our companys values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about ourCulture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.Work AuthorizationEmerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.Equal Opportunity EmployerEmerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to <email address removed>.
ABOUT EMERSON Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We dont settle for good enough or This is the way its always been done. Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the never been done before. Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.No calls or agencies please.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.