Architectural Specialties Manager, Mid South
Primary location: Charlotte , North Carolina
Relocation offered: Yes
Employment status: Full-Time
Pay grade: 12/13
Location: Work from home position located in Charlotte, NC (primary) or Nashville, TN (secondary)
As our Architectural Specialties Manager, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities, tracking and ultimately closing those opportunities with various channel stakeholders. The primary focus will be centered on Standard and Premium AS solutions working on tracking and closing AS Quotations > $200k. However, there will be a need to promote, track, and close specialty suspension systems, Custom AS solutions, and potential to be a resource to support the integration efforts associated with successful Business Development opportunities. An important aspect of this position will be educating, mentoring, and guiding the various dedicated resources that exist within our distribution partners' networks in the region of responsibility. This will require this individual to be an SME on process, product, and pricing within the complex Architectural Specialties solutions offer. All of this will be done while interacting with and coordinating internal resources including Armstrong Area Managers & field sales reps, CSMs, Independent Agents, Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Estimators within the Construction Services teams.
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries (AWI)?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing network of twelve facilities.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're committed to continuing to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
Alongside a Competitive Remuneration Package, You Will Receive
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential.
- A benefits package including; Medical, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance, 401k Match, long term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a Recognition Program for our team, and Service Awards. You will also be able to make the most of our Fitness Center and Lunchtime Caf.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
Note: Up to 50% travel may be required
What You'll Be Doing
- Drive top line sales growth that achieves desired margin expectations
- Act as champion and demonstrate excellence in regard to project follow up
- Lead others within the internal AWI sales region to ensure these best practices are functioning well
- Participate in monthly Pulse meetings
- Utilize Salesforce (CRM) to capture project follow-up activities, next steps and maintain active pipeline
- Collaborate with Distributors and Subcontractors to track projects and ultimately close projects
- Drive every project to close; win or loss
- Analyze data that is provided via the output of the JFU efforts within SFDC
- Create action plans associated with data to drive greater share of wallet with specific accounts
- Analyze data that is presented monthly via the various regional sales reports to proactively identify trends, opportunities, and gaps; lead process improvement initiatives.
- Create and execute plans associated with the data to grow
- Capture competitive data and product offerings and present that data to business leaders within AWI
- Understand Armstrong selling advantages and position with key project influencers' vs the weaknesses of alternative competitive landscape
- Promotes product line to internal and external parties through presentations, segment pieces, responses to inquiries, and sample management
- Focus on learning, applying, and continuous improvement through individual & team education & specialized training to enhance their technical competencies
- Function effectively as a member of a focused selling team (including Independent Sales Agents and the Construction Services team) to achieve individual, team, and business growth objectives
- Create customer value with a competitive advantage through knowledge of regional projects and spearhead follow up efforts internally and externally with those projects
- Become a business partner that provides guidance and leadership to network of dedicated resources within ranks of the distributors in your region
- Train AWI sales team on product, collaborate with internal AWI resources solution selling and strategy
- Measure progress in becoming easiest to do business with via voice of customer mechanisms
What Will Make You Successful
- Exhibit highest standards about safe on-the-job conduct and business ethics
- Proven ability to develop an influential strategic relationship with key customers
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal AWI resources and develop and implement account and territory plans
- Ability to utilize business and financial metrics to drive improved performance
- Comfortable with creating reports and metrics to track results, ability to prepare and deliver executive presentations with a head for detail
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year university, or equivalent work experience to include the completion of Armstrong's Training/Development Program
- Proficient Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to understand Blue Prints
- Adobe, Blue Beam, Showpad, SFDC
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and we value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation statement: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.