Area Director - North & West Europe
Wyndham Hotel Group
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Area Director - North & West Europe to join our team in the UK.
This Operational Leadership role, reporting to the President & MD, has full responsibility for the achievement of Wyndham Hotels and Resorts business objectives in their Area; Their main activities will involve ;
- Managing the relationships with key clients and stakeholders
- Delivering timely Business Review Meetings to drive value , engagement and performance
- Facilitate hotel performance improvement leveraging a team of area specialists including Finance, Sales, Marketing, Review Management, Human Resources , Training , Legal, Hotel Systems and Central Operations Support
- Partnering with local Development Teams to drive new franchise and managed business opportunities
- Represent WH&R externally to drive brand awareness and greater market share
The role holder will normally directly manage the Franchise / Managed Operations team within their Area and will additionally engage a multiple discipline team to deliver appropriate support services to a business geography of properties, franchisees and owners.
Performance will be measured by the following metrics;
Performance will be measured by the following metrics;
- Net Room Growth
- EBITDA & Financial Performance
- Quality Assurance
- Guest Satisfaction
- Brand Contribution
- Wyndham Rewards Enrolment
- Engagement Survey ( managed and corporate populations only)
Education & Experience
- The candidate would ideally be a graduate from one of the following: Business Administration, Real Estate degree or Hospitality degree, or have equivalent professional experience
- Expertise and in depth understanding of the hospitality sector are essential
- Significant experience with an emphasis in one or more of the following: Commercial function leader ( Sales Marketing and / or Revenue Management) and / or Senior Hotel Operations leader
- Experience in a senior management position from an international corporate environment with responsibility for planning and development of business procedures and processes, budgeting and regular forecasting, in particular with a multiple territory focus is required
- Previous experience in the hospitality arena both domestically internationally is essential, ideally with exposure to multiple brands in a multi-unit or regional role
- Highly developed analytical and financial skills
- Extensive senior leadership and people management experience
- Fluency in English is essential
This individual will have a broad liaison throughout the organization and externally at all levels and functions and will therefore forge and nurture strong relationships with decision makers at the highest level.
This person will exercise high level of control within this work group and their actions will have a significant impact. They will work with a high level of autonomy and will therefore be in the position to make substantial decisions on behalf of the business. They will act as an ambassador for all departments as part of a unified team and will be expected to identify, access and influence the necessary resources to drive bottom line results. They are the most senior point of contact for key stakeholders in the Area and therefore play an integral part in strengthening the Company’s value proposition and the growth of the organization in the region.
Alongside the professional competencies outlined below, the successful candidate will demonstrate the fundamentals of Wyndham’s Count on Me! Service Culture to be Responsive, Respectful and Deliver a Great Experience. This will form the cornerstone of their approach as they carry out all tasks with the Count on Me! Building Blocks in mind;
Compassionate, Engaged, Dependable, Courteous, Inclusive, Hospitable, Prepared and Personalised.
Negotiation - Must possess advanced negotiation skills in order to create a positive foundation for the on-going relationship
Collaboration & Relationships - Initiates, builds and maintains lasting professional relations based on mutual respect and understanding that foster a collaborative approach to working
Credibility and influence - Will engender credibility and respect within the hospitality arena thereby enabling immediate recognition as a key player in the industry
Communication - Communicates clearly and effectively in writing and in person. Fosters an open and honest communication style and has strong presentation skills
Analysis - Able to read, analyze and understand numerical or verbal data in order to assess a commercial situation and present a compelling business case based real information
Commercial and financial acumen - Demonstrates good knowledge in commercial and financial fundamentals, able to predict the impact of particular activities on the bottom line of the business
Customer service - Fosters a customer oriented approach; responsive and respectful in keeping with the fundamental concept of hospitality
Flexibility - Adaptable and accepting of change, able to cope with an evolving business landscape applying the best fit solution to each unique situation
Empathy - Able to consider, understand and empathize with the priorities and challenges of others
Integrity - Must show the highest standards of honesty, integrity and discretion and will create trust with all associates, clients and customers
Leadership – Must demonstrate the qualities of leadership and people management, the ability to motivate and inspire others
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Job Location: GB Hammersmith, 5 Hammersmith Grove, Hammersmith, London W14 W6
Employment Status: Full-time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.