Area Hub Manager RBKC35392
Shared Services Partnership
Salary Range: £36,600 - £ 49,600 per annum
Work Location: 2-4 Malton Road, London, W10 5UP
Hours per week: 36
Contract type: Permanent
DBS check: Enhanced
Politically Restricted post: No
Closing date: 5 August 2020
Contact details for an informal discussion: Serita Kwofie, Integrated Strategic Partnership Manager Tel: 07976060216
Working as part of Children’s Services will provide a challenging and rewarding career. We have high ambitions for the children and young people of Kensington and Chelsea. We have formed a bi-borough Children’s Services team with colleagues from Westminster City Council. Our services, which include education, family services and safeguarding, have been rated Outstanding by Ofsted, and our drive to be the best doesn’t stop there. By working with us, you will have the opportunity to make a difference to young people in one of the world’s most diverse cities.
If you would like to play a part in this unique team, please take a look at the vacancies below.
Here in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea (RBKC) we have a strong desire to see our families flourish. We adopt a whole family approach, and this outstanding integrated service is at the forefront of excellence, seeing to it that children and young people (including those aged up to 25yrs with SEND) are able to access early support to help them get the most out of life.
Joining our recently created Family Hubs, you will lead a team of practitioners working with families with complex needs ensuring that services provided for children 0 - 19 enables them to reach their full potential. You will support the development of the 0-5 pathway and supervise the delivery of evidence-based parenting work and programmes and manage safeguarding risk.
You will be at the forefront of a team delivering an integrated service focusing on the Healthy Child Programme, education, school readiness and transition. We will look to you to lead on the delivery of high-quality casework, develop multi-agency forums and create good relationships with early education and childcare providers, local schools, various voluntary organisations and the local community.
Please refer to the Job Description for more information.
With extensive experience managing front-line teams underpinned by an exceptional knowledge of safeguarding issues and the relevant legislative framework, you will have what it takes to manage and provide leadership to the Family Hub in the designated locality.
You will have proven leadership of high-quality services in a diverse community, and excellent team and partner management skills.
Qualified in health, social care, education or another relevant field, it would be ideal if you have a management qualification or you have undertaken training in an evidence-based parenting programme such as Triple P or Mellow Parenting. For more information about the role, please see the full job description attached
- To support the Integrated 0-25 Partnership Manager in delivering the aims and objectives of the service and in developing opportunities for future integration through the family hubs.
- Manage and supervise a team of Early Help Professionals to deliver an integrated service to families to help them improve their outcomes.
- Work closely with the Operational Lead for Children’s Centres, ensure that data is used effectively so that staff target families most in need through their engagement, outreach and group work delivery and that staff have continued access to specialist early years expertise and knowledge.
- To provide effective support for the step up/step down processes into and out of Children’s Social Care.
- To ensure the delivery of safeguarding services to children and young people. Policies, procedures and controls ensure that the area of responsibility is compliant with all relevant legislation, codes, regulations, guidelines, standards and best practice.
- To monitor Service Performance and recommend improvements. Undertake quality control, service and case auditing systems in relation to the services for which the post is responsible. Analyse and identify performance trends. Take a proactive approach to addressing issues of drift and delay of cases.
We work in partnership with Hampshire County Council (HCC) who deliver many transactional services on our behalf. Although most communications will be from HCC, all selection and appointment decisions will be made by RBKC. Certain services are shared across more than one Council area to nearby neighbouring Authorities. This enhances delivery and reduces costs. Your recruitment information will advise if your remit extends beyond RBKC.
We will primarily contact candidates by e-mail throughout the recruitment process, please monitor your email junk / spam folder as our system generated emails may be allocated to these folders by your email settings.
We engage our staff with a variety of learning types including face-to-face and virtual learning because we want to ensure our staff understand our values and behaviours, grow their skills and develop their careers.
We are committed to promoting equality and respecting diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.