Asia Pacific Clinical NGS Specialist
PerkinElmer seeks an experienced, dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join the PerkinElmer Applied Genomics business unit. Your colleagues are all passionate about what they do and are ready to further the growth of the applied genomics portfolio in the Asia Pacific region.
As the regional NGS Specialist, you will be responsible for driving the growth of the NGS library preparation market using your expertise. You will develop a strategy that will translate into sales of PerkinElmer NGS related products and technologies in the field of genomics & Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGT).
The regional NGS Specialist is a senior role reporting directly to the Director of the PGT and NGS Product Portfolios. You will work closely with PerkinElmer’s global Product Management and Market Development team to identify new business opportunities and will be involved in executing a strategic 2-5 year vision for the APAC NGS market, focused on establishing a range of key account/sales activities, differentiated offerings and market awareness actions designed to capture a significant proportion of the NGS market in Asia Pacific with our globally competitive NGS products.
This role requires troubleshooting, communication, time management, situational awareness, poise under pressure, and collaboration. You will be expected to build and maintain strong relationships across territory customers and sales organizations.
This role is based in Singapore, with up to 40% travel throughout the region.
The regional technical specialist is responsible of the success of the NGS reagent and PGT products portfolio in the APAC region.
- Create a regional strategy designed to establish a profitable business and subsequently equip the product line for growth
- Provide support to sales teams to generate and close sales
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers in the assigned territory
- Collaborate with marketing for trade show attendance, online advertising and appropriate media publications
- Evaluate product performance and identify new areas of improvement / functionality
- Work closely with R&D and product management on new product introductions
- Have an intimate understanding of market movements and developments to align areas of unmet need and growth.
- Experience using Next Generation Sequencing technologies
- Product management background with Next Generation Sequencing
- Enthusiasm, drive, initiative and a can-do attitude is a prerequisite
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication in English
- Demonstrable problem solving and interpersonal and account management skills within a commercial environment
Preferred but not required
- 5 years’ experience, clinical NGS product management expertise seen as a benefit.
- Preimplantation Genetic Testing experience would be highly desirable.
- PhD with molecular biology background seen as a benefit but not required
- Prior experience supporting customers in a highly technical field is advantageous
- Experience with instrumentation such as liquid handling robotics and microfluidics preferred
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.