Assistant Athletic Director for Facilities and Operations (12539)
Washington, DC, US, 20016
Directly responsible for management and operation of all facilities and day-to-day event operations of the Department of Athletics. Coordinates and supervises all staff involved in day-to-day operations and management and administration of facilities.Essential Functions
- Manage the scheduling and auxiliary operations for all Athletic Department facilities, including the Sports Center. Establish policies and procedures, oversee daily maintenance, supervise personnel, and perform cost analysis. Maximize facility usage and program enhancement
- Provide guidance to Department staff in interpreting policies and procedures. Coordinate all scheduling operations, administration for all Department events, including practices and games
- Manage operations of all athletic contests conducted at the University. Oversee ticket operations, equipment, event logistics and part-time or Work Study facility staff
- Generate revenue through facility rentals. Conduct preliminary negotiations on contracts with external parties regarding use of the Sports Center and all varsity athletic fields and intramural facilities to obtain acceptable terms for both parties involved. Analyze event market trends and sports facility utilization
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate direct reports. Seek opportunities for staff professional development
- Coordinates and reviews the work of others.
- Trains and mentors new and junior staff members
- Responsible for staff performance management and compensation recommendations or decisions
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring/ employment recommendations or decisions
- Full time
- 4.1 Sr Coordinator/Sr Analyst B
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management or closely related field or equivalent education, training and experience
- 2-4 Years in events planning, facilities operations , or related field
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management or closely related field
- 2-4 Years in athletics events planning and facilities operations
- Thoroughness in Reviewing Work
- Oral Communication
- Standard Office Software
- Written Communication
- Team Leadership
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing small to large scale events
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage competing priorities effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate well to individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to understand and anticipate customer needs and adapt services accordingly. Flexibility and the willingness to seek creative solutions to customer challenges
- Proficiency in and experience with budget monitoring and expense tracking
- Ability to negotiate with outside vendors and other external third parties to achieve mutually beneficial agreements and generate revenue for the department
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check
- Whenever possible American University will seek to redeploy existing staff to fill this vacancy before hiring an external candidate
- The worker normally performs their job both indoors and outdoors
- The worker may be required to work evenings and/or weekends
- Required to work evening and/or weekends as necessary to manage events or oversee facilities during peak periods
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email ***********@american.edu.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual's genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.