Assistant Director (Intelligence)
Ministry of Health
Ministry of Health
Healthcare, Policy Formulation, Enforcement
The Ministry of Health’s (MOH) vision is to champion a healthy nation with our people – to live well, live long and with peace of mind. As an open country constantly exposed to an interconnected world, Singapore faces complex issues in public healthcare. MOH constantly grapples with new challenges brought on by an increasingly globalised world, a rapidly ageing population and rising expectations. MOH’s responses to these challenges include preventing and managing the outbreak of diseases such as SARS and Influenza A (H1N1), designing a healthcare system that delivers care in an integrated and effective manner, growing the capacity and capabilities within the sector, and managing healthcare inflation.
As an MOH officer, you will be involved in formulating and implementing policies that guide Singapore’s healthcare ecosystem. You will work alongside a team with varied skills and backgrounds, but with the common goals of (i) promoting good health and reducing illnesses; (ii) ensuring that Singaporeans have access to good and affordable healthcare; and (iii) pursuing medical excellence. Your work will have far-reaching impact on the health and lives of Singaporeans.
You will oversee a comprehensive range of surveillance and intelligence services to the Ministry, involving the following:
- plan and oversee the conduct of intelligence and surveillance into breaches and potential breaches of MOH legislations and regulatory standards;
- ensure compliance by the players in the Ministry’s regulated space;
- building operational linkages with other intelligence agencies, especially in the field intelligence and surveillance; and
- building intelligence infrastructure including the development of the appropriate systems to support intelligence work;
- co-ordinating and developing basic intelligence and surveillance capabilities in MOH.
- Education in any field
- Relevant working experience in established law enforcement agencies (e.g. Police), with seniority (minimum rank of Deputy Superintendent of Police or equivalent) and relevant intelligence experience
- Good grasp of investigative and intelligence issues and processes
- Possess leadership and management abilities, with the ability to direct surveillance, operations and field intelligence
- Professional and tactful in dealing with all levels of staff
- Adaptability and ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Possess a sense of reality and an appreciation of the prevailing socio-political environment and other overarching policies that may guide regulatory or enforcement priorities
- Meticulous, independent and objective, and with an inquisitive mind
- Effective team player, with good inter-personal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, driven and willingness to take up new challenges or additional responsibilities
- High standards of professionalism and personal integrity
Advertised: 03 Aug 2020
Applications close: 16 Aug 2020
Back to search results Apply now
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.