Assistant Mechanical Engineer / Hook Up Engineer (West/ MNC/ M&E Contractor/ ACMV/ up to $3.8K)
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Supervise and check subcontractors' works according to design drawings, specifications, shop drawings, method statement and local codes and regulations.
• Design calculation, cost estimation, preparation of plans and details engineering design.
• Coordinate with supplier / sub-contractor of the tender specification and obtain the quotation from them.
• Check and ensure the equipment and material offered in compliance with the specification and drawings.
• Prepare weekly work schedules, and documents.
• Assist Engineer in the installation and hook-up of new equipment.
• Ensure proper execution of the temporary works as planned.
• Control and supervise workmen and subcontractors to make sure standards of building performance, quality, time and cost schedules, and safety are complied with.
• Oversee and be overall responsible for works carried out by junior supervisors assigned under his/her care.
• Responsible for keeping daily work record, including additional work claims to the clients and from the subcontractors.
• Prepare progress reports to consultants and owners.
• Any ad-hoc project to be assigned.
• Degree/Diploma/Poly in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years of M&E working experience with main contractors.
• Strong knowledge of M&E details, working drawings and local construction practices
• Conversant with local codes and regulations.
• Able to check combined services drawings and coordination problems with other trades
• Ability to read and understand construction drawings and communicate changes as required.
• Ability to draw detailed coordination drawings and sketches and resolve technical problems with subcontractors.
• Is a good team player and is analytical and a problem solver.
• Excellent in communication skills, both verbal and writing skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of management.
• Knowledge in Microsoft Office and other IT software.
Permanent Full Time
- Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays
- From S$3,300.00 to S$3,800.00
- Engineering / Technical
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.