Assistant Teacher Child Development Center
To be fully engaged in assisting teachers in providing a safe environment, with quality education while creating a memorable experience for the children and families of the associates of Health First. Assistant Teachers would be responsible for assisting in implementing planned activities in the classroom as well as following all rules and regulations set forth by the Department of Children and Families and the accrediting agency.
Assistant Teachers must demonstrate a positive attitude toward working with children and a commitment to the program standards of developmentally appropriate practices.
- Assist teachers in all classroom activities as needed.
- Maintain safety, health and nutritional procedures as determined by regulatory agencies.
- Encourage child-centered play that takes into account the interests of the children.
- Follow regulations for the release of children to authorized persons
- Follow emergency procedures
- Recognize safe and unsafe use of indoor/outdoor equipment and respond accordingly
- Follow appropriate hand-washing procedures, including use of universal precautions, for self and children.
- Ability to build relationships with families and coworkers and create dynamic environment where play and discovery go hand in hand.
- Assist in adapting environments and experiences to meet the individual needs of all the children
- Recognize and respect that culture, language, socioeconomic factors, support systems, and special needs may influence how families nurture their children
- Assist department manager in maintaining volume adjusted staffing patterns.
- Assist in maintain classroom materials
- Assist in reaching department and organizational goals.
- Department of Children and Families - Part
I Child Care Facility 30 hour training requirement has been completed
- Part II Child Care Facility 10 hour training requirement has been completed
- Early Literacy 5 Hour training requirement has been completed
- American Heart Association Heart Saver Pediatric
First Aide CPR AED is required prior to start date and must be renewed every two years.
- As required by the Department of Children and Families, 10 hours of Child Development in-service training is required annually
- Please attach DCF transcripts when applying to position.
Job: *Child Development
Organization: *Holmes Regional Medical Center
Title: Assistant Teacher - Child Development Center
Location: Florida - Brevard County-Melbourne
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.