Assoc, Sys Administration
JOB TITLE: Assoc, Sys Administration
JOB ID: AS20200907-47657
LOCATION: Melbourne, Florida
L3Harris is searching for talented entry level Systems Administrators to join the team to help design and develop, maintain cutting edge communications and digital communications.
- Responsible for supporting the installation, configuration and maintenance of servers and workstations (Linux, Windows, and UNIX) in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines.
- Responsible for supporting the build, configuration, and maintenance of virtual compute environments using solutions like VMware, KVM, and OpenStack.
- Support software installations, upgrades, and patching to operating systems maintaining them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements.
- Support routine hardware and software audits of servers for compliance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines.
- Support networking configurations associated with a LAN-based server and workstation implementations.
- 0-2 years related experience with BS/BA (Bachelors) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems or related field; or 4+ years related experience with 2 years post-Secondary/AA-AS Degree.
PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Able to perform complex infrastructure design, including planning of interactions of multiple applications (HA, DB, Large Networks), is a plus.
- Self-motivated individuals.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong listening skills.
- Knowledge of: COTS (Commercial Off-The-Shelf) software for Windows/Solaris/Linux, scripting, TCP/IP, information systems security (anti-virus, spyware/malware countermeasures, firewalls, etc.), general working knowledge of Windows/UNIX/Linux systems administration, familiarity with computer hardware, experience or knowledge of active directory, LDAP, and/or installation of operating systems, data security, or network setup, VMware and OpenStack.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.