Associate - Accounting Control
· Oversee offshore team’s production of monthly deliverables including audit confirmation letters and report packages
· Prepare and/or review general ledger adjusting entries
· Research and respond to auditor and internal inquiries. Represent on calls and in-person meetings with external auditors and clients.
· Analyze accounting records and be able to clearly articulate fund accounting transactions/processes to clients, external audit firms, and internal business partners.
· Engage in developing internal reviews of accounting records and ad-hoc projects and process enhancements.
· Coach, develop and mentor staff including setting objectives, providing feedback, and managing day to day escalation items and resolution of complex audit discussion topics.
· Develop a strong knowledge of internal systems, operations, and client structures, i.e. various types of portfolios, deliverables, and client specific requirements.
· Strong analytical, prioritization, organizational, and time management skills.
· Quantitative analysis and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Team player with the ability to work productively within a group and maintain a high degree of independence.
· Skill to partner with internal teams and external clients to ensure resolution of open queries or exception items.
· Excellent problem/issue resolution skills; good critical thinking and decision-making skills.
· Ability to interact with senior individuals internally and externally, produce metrics and management reporting, drive projects.
· Ability to initiate and drive change and process improvements.
· Understanding of various investment types including fixed income, equities, and derivatives.
· Ability to explain general fund accounting principles, cash and asset reconciliation items, and calculation of interest income, amortization, dividends, complex corporate actions, etc.
· Bachelor’s Degree, graduate degree such as MBA, MSF, MSA preferred
· Prior experience in Fund Accounting or Financial Reporting (8-12 or more years)
· Experience managing teams of at least 2-4 individuals; leadership and staff development experience.
· Experience interacting directly with clients and/or auditor strongly preferred, including in-person meetings and/or presentations.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.