Associate Director, Advancement Operations
Who you are:
As a member of the Advancement team, you play a pivotal role in strengthening
Ivey s ability to increase philanthropic support and stakeholder engagement
through effective data-driven programming and decision making. Your goal is to
develop, implement and manage a comprehensive prospect management system,
prospect research and gift management programs supported by strong processes
and systems. With an eye for accuracy and proven ability to work with data, you
ensure data integrity to support the School s stakeholders, the
department s systems and financial reporting activities. In addition, you a
able to use data analytics and predictive modelling to effectively support
data-driven programming to support and elevate the School s overall
development, campaign and alumni engagement strategies. You are highly
collaborative and able to quickly build rapport with both internal and external
stakeholders across the Ivey community and Western. You are an experienced
leader who is skilled at coaching and inspiring a team to achieve their
personal and departmental performance goals.
You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and team-oriented environment and are
passionate about the role of philanthropy in higher education. You are excited
about the opportunity to work for Canada s most prestigious business school
working alongside the brightest staff, students and globally-recognized
faculty, as well as being a part of the broader Western University community.
What you ll do:
* Design, implement and manage the research and prospect management system,
providing direction on research and data analytics priorities and
analyzing the giving potential and propensity of major gift prospects.
* Develop an effective business intelligence strategy, including responding
to new reporting needs, data requirements and system structures by
defining business requirements; assessing the effectiveness of existing
applications and, where appropriate, modifying existing systems to
support continuous improvement and effective data-driven decision making.
* Implement and manage the Advancement database, ensuring quality, accuracy
and completeness of all data pertaining to the School s stakeholders,
including alumni, friends, corporations, foundations and other
* Lead a driven and successful team that remains on top of best practices
and service standards, while encouraging a continuous improvement mindset
to achieve goals of the department.
* Lead all Advancement systems upgrades and transitions in close
collaboration with IT as well as stay abreast of and recommend new
technologies which will enhance Advancement operations and programs.
* Implement an effective gift management program including gift processing,
pledge management, gift reporting and data integrity and design
* Generate and validate monthly and year-end financial reports as well as
developing and generating new reporting and system enhancements which
support the setting of annual fundraising goals and to provide accurate
and concise financial reports for the Executive Director, Director of
Development, Deans Office and Campaign volunteers.
* Ensure all users of the Advancement Database have comprehensive systems
training commensurate with their needs as well as technical support,
including coordinating system orders and installations, application
support, and software training, documentation, and reporting.
* Work collaboratively with the Executive Director, Advancement colleagues
and peers to formulate and implement the School s overall development
and campaign strategies.
What you have:
Required Education and Experience:
* You ve successfully completed a university degree; MLIS would be
considered an asset.
* You have a minimum of 6-8 years related experience; experience working in
an Advancement department is an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
* Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence
and trust in internal and external stakeholders (e.g. alumni and
* Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
* Ability to organize and manage a diverse range of assignments and
projects with high efficiency, yet thorough attention to detail and
* Demonstrated ability to analyze data and use predictive modelling to draw
strategic insights to influence decisions and initiatives.
* Experience conducting and coaching on effective prospect research
* Experience managing in a team-oriented operations department and ability
to motivate staff to achieve departmental goals.
* Proven ability to work with information systems and databases to fully
exploit the use of segmentation for solicitations.
* Sound knowledge of relational database systems and platforms including:
SQL Server, Data Visualization, Access, Excel, Crystal Reports. or other
comparable data base management systems.
* Experience working with Salesforce CRM is an asset.
* Experience with Windows XP, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite,
Sharepoint, and IE/Internet applications.
* Experience with business intelligence reporting and statistical analysis
tools is an asset.
* Knowledge of the UWO BBCRM Advancement system is considered an asset.
* Familiarity and appreciation of the mission, purpose and values of a
comprehensive university, and more particularly, a leading business
school that responds to the educational and research needs of an
international business environment.
Location: London, ON
Position Type: This is a full-time (35-hours/week) 3-year renewable contract
with full benefits.
Do you think you would be a good fit for the role? Are you excited about the
opportunity to reach your full potential through a career at Ivey? Tell us why
and submit your application today! Note: Application closes July 29, 2020.
Diversity & Accommodation:
Ivey Business School invites applications from all qualified individuals. Ivey
is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome
applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the
recruitment process. If you require accommodation for interviews or other
meetings, please contact Ivey Human Resources at or by telephone at
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.