Associate Director Center for Addiction & Recovery Education
Saint Joseph's University
Internal and External Applicants
Full-Time or Part-Time Status:
Full-Time, 12 months
Staff Job Type:
Position Summary or Faculty Qualifications
The Associate Director for the Center for Addiction and Recovery Education (CARE) will support the mission of the Center by helping to develop internal SJU awareness and educational initiatives, engaged academic research, and external community outreach programming and training. The Associate Director will also oversee day-to-day Center operations related to staffing, consultants, and subcontractors across a broad range of projects that help the Center fulfill its mission through internal and external communications, trainings, presentations, engaged academic research and other educational projects and programs.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project management and administrative oversight for all Center-related projects and programming.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with students and student groups, administration, faculty, and staff of the University's academic and non-academic departments to assure efficient implementation of projects and overall operation of the Center.
- Coordination of regular and effective communication with CARE team members, consultants, subcontractors, student employees, work study, and graduate assistants to ensure project efficiency and success.
- Ensure all events and programs and related logistics are managed and coordinated. Work closely with campus partners and outside vendors and services providers.
- Advise and oversee employees, consultants, and subcontractors related to grant administration, namely forms and processes for procurement, reimbursement, services, and monthly and annual outcomes reporting.
- Assist the Director in conjunction with SJU Marketing and Communications with creating a marketing and business development strategy for adult education and enrollment.
- Assist the Director ensure effective and timely communications and reporting to SJU administration leadership and external stakeholders (donors, strategic partners, grantmakers, alumni groups) of CARE's activities and mission outcomes.
- Assist with the creation, administration, maintenance, and reporting of CARE's internal budget.
- Understand and ensure compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Act as a representative for CARE and the University.
- Ability to use computer for extended periods of time.
- Travel to off-campus sites, long distance driving and overnights.
- May be required to attend and assist in key events during evenings or weekends.
- Some evening and weekend work, as needed, to meet deadlines for special projects and peak work periods.
- Experience and/or demonstrated enthusiasm for helping those afflicted by, and affected by, addiction including substance use disorder.
- Bachelor's degree plus 3-5 years of professional experience in project management, operating budgets, and expense management.
- Demonstrated success in project management, including working with multiple projects at one time.
- Event planning and/or special events experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with students, faculty, administrators, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and experience being a flexible and supportive team player.
- Ability to relate with sensitivity and professionalism to diverse groups of people.
- Exceptional skills in multi-tasking, client communications and logistical planning.
- Advanced skill level in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web update and internet search software relevant to the position. Proficiency in Access, Banner, and/or other specialized software.
- Previous experience in utilizing project management and other software tools including Microsoft Office, video conferencing platforms (Zoom, WebEx, etc.), CAMPUSLABS, team collaboration tools (Hive, Slack, Trello, etc.), CRM software (Hubspot, Insightly), among others.
- Master's Degree in Education, Criminal Justice, Sociology, Health Administration, or other field.
- Research experience.
This position is grant/gift funded and may end when funding is no longer available.
281006 - Office of the Provost
Open Until Filled
Saint Joseph’s acknowledges the dignity of the individual and commits itself to promoting awareness of and sensitivity to human differences. We recognize that the contributions made by diverse groups serve to benefit the personal, academic, and professional growth of all members of the community.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.