Associate Director, CMC Project Manager
June 2019, Vertex announced the establishment of a new research site in the Boston area where research, development, and clinical manufacturing for cell and genetic therapies will be primarily based. Cell and genetic therapies represent two rapidly emerging therapeutic modalities with the potential to treat—and even cure—several of the diseases Vertex is focused on, including sickle cell disease, Duchenne muscular dystrophy and type 1 diabetes. Further investment in a research site specifically designed to advance these programs will be key to Vertex’s continued and sustained leadership in these exciting approaches. At Vertex Cell and Genetic Therapies (VCGT) our research teams will bring together the best biology, technologies and enhanced manufacturing capabilities to ensure we bring these cutting-edge transformative therapies to patients as quickly as possible.
VCGT is looking for an Associate Director Technical Project Leader to join its growing team. The role will be responsible for managing the technical development plan and CMC department interfaces (internal and external) as part of the CMC Program Management team. The AD Technical Project Leader will work closely with the Cell, CMC, Clinical, Preclinical, and Quality teams to meet program milestones. The position will be based in Boston, MA or Cambridge, MA.
- Independently leads sub-teams for critical development projects
- Strategically develops plans, budgets, goals, and logistics for projects, gaining cooperation and consensus
- Work independently and with the team to develop a cross-functional development plan from current stage through product launch.
- Regularly interacts with functional areas beyond CMC, such as Regulatory, Quality, Supply Chain, Technical Operations and Clinical
- Manage the execution of deliverables, both short and long-term, via clearly defined milestones, and timelines. Minimize timeline deviations by clearly identifying program risks and communication of strategies.
- Build and sustain robust business processes to support cross-functional clinical trial execution.
- Proactively communicate key issues and any other critical topics in a timely manner to the appropriate management level and/or to any other relevant project team member(s).
- Facilitate regular project team meetings, issue written minutes, and follow up on action items.
- Maintain overall project dashboard, schedule, budget, project plans, operational plans, and routine reports to sponsors and stakeholders.
- Represent company to external partners groups as required
- May supervise multiple team members ensuring appropriate staff development
- B.S./M.S./Ph.D. with 8 plus years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical development or project management work experience
- 2+ years of demonstrated project management and change management experience in a clinical pharma/biotech setting.
- Experience in either preclinical or early clinical phase company with hands on experience in GXP environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to elicit, synthesize, and manage the cross-functional inputs required for a robust development plan.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of scientists, physicians, engineers, regulatory specialists and business professionals.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a team attitude, demonstrated leadership skills and an ability to integrate across all company projects.
- Experience in cell or gene therapy products.
- PMP certification.
- Regulatory experience.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ***************@vrtx.com.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.