Weaver has built a nationwide presence on an unwavering commitment to its clients’ success, acting with integrity and always striving to transcend expectations. The firm has grown to be the 35th largest firm in the United States, according to INSIDE Public Accounting; it is also ranked the largest independent accounting firm based in the Southwest by Accounting Today magazine.
From Fortune 500 multinational companies to start-ups, Weaver is a national firm serving commercial, financial services and government clients. The firm is particularly well known in financial services, energy, manufacturing and distribution, construction, technology, real estate, health care and government. Weaver services go beyond traditional assurance and tax services to include risk advisory, transaction advisory, IT advisory, energy compliance and consulting, forensics and litigation services, and specialty tax services such as international tax, state and local tax and private client services. Learn more at .
Weaver seeks an Energy Compliance Services Associate I or II Engineer to join our growing team. Weaver’s Energy Compliance Services (ECS) practice helps companies of all sizes understand regulatory requirements and maintain compliance of transportation fuel regulations, including gasoline, renewable fuels, and greenhouse gases. We are the subject matter experts of technical laws and regulations by US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Environment Canada (EC), and the California Air Resources Board (CARB).
The role of the ECS Associate I or II Engineer is to develop an understanding of technical laws and regulations related to the ECS practice. This individual will be responsible for completing consulting engagements, as well as performing regulatory compliance assessments. They will assist with engineering reviews, do on-site visit inspections of renewable fuels facilities, perform mass and energy balance calculations, and draft engineering review reports. They will also manage multiple assignments with the supervision of more experienced team members. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and deadline-oriented with strong interpersonal, communication, teamwork and professional skills.
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from an EAC/ABET accredited University
- 0-2+ years of experience in chemical engineering field
- Currently holds or working towards an Engineer-in-Training (EIT), or Professional Engineer (PE) license, or has the goal to progress professionally by working toward obtaining certifications
- Experience performing mass and energy balance calculations
- Experience interpreting and preparing block flow diagrams (BFDs), process flow diagrams (PFDs), and process descriptions
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- If the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam has not been taken yet, candidate will be expected to take and pass the exam within one year of start date
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a fluid working environment
Weaver is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employee Referral Program Eligible
At this time, Weaver is only accepting resumes submitted directly by the candidate or by employee referralShare
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.