Associate, Project Manager - Investment & Trading Platform
About this role
Are you someone who enjoys a challenge? Are you curious about how things work? We believe that good ideas come from all corners, to actively promote inclusion, diversity, and creativity while remaining mission and execution focused. We are looking for individuals who are comfortable navigating a sometimes-steep learning curve while gaining subject matter expertise, this is your opportunity to be a member of a fun, high performing team.
Within Investments & Trading, the Investment Platform Team (IPT) partners with investors and traders and plays a critical cross functional role in developing the investment and operating platform. The team combines strategy, business process and technology expertise to maximize growth, scale and operating consistency across Investments, with a strong focus on Aladdin.
The Investment Platform Team’s core mission includes executing transformational projects for investments and trading. Projects often span people, process, technology and product. The team also works with senior technology, investment and business management partners to define and manage platform strategy, ensuring the platform continues evolving to the key priorities of BlackRock’s investment teams.
The Investment Platform team is looking for an individual with strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills, an intellectual curiosity and a “get the job done” mentality. This person will have a technical awareness and be that person who is always looking to improve the current state. Ideally, you will possess or want to gain the ability to help frame and communicate complex issues in a simple and concise way. Strong project management skills, “Aladdin DNA” and a deep understanding of the “life of a trade” are preferred but not required.
This role is primarily focused on the following key areas:
- Lead projects through virtual cross functional and global project teams that improve the operating platform for Investments and Trading
- Partner with Investment COOs to define, manage and execute platform strategy
- Identify innovative solutions and unlock insights to advance the platform
- Utilize business process reviews & data driven approach to triage hard problems
- Build and drive consensus across senior stakeholders
- Work with the Aladdin Product Group (APG) development teams to define and build new Aladdin functionality
- Navigate and connect the dots across the firm ensuring efficiency, scalability and risk management of the platform
- BA/BS from an accredited university
- 3+ years’ work experience in the financial services or Fintech industry preferable
- 3+ years’ work experience in order/trade management systems preferable
- Strong analytical, creative, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Team player, open, pleasure to work with and positive in a group dynamic
- Ability to clearly communicate objectives across a range of stakeholders and to articulate the rationale behind those goals.
- Knowledge of practical technical solutions and developer tools/languages
- Knowledge of the capital markets, asset classes, financial instruments (equities, fixed income and derivatives) beneficial
- Experience in business process analysis, design and implementation
- Aladdin & Python knowledge a plus
- Mandarin language fluency is a plus
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.