Bakery Processing Operator (6pm-6:15am)
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Bakery Processing Operator, under general supervision, is responsible for the safe, efficient and continuous operation of processing/baking machinery.
Essential Job Duties (Most important job duties explained clearly and concisely. If mandatory overtime is required, please list that here.)
- Operates the processing/baking equipment to produce product within guidelines established by Quality Assurance and to the highest possible standard of quality.
- Properly mixes ingredients; monitors correct temperature/moisture and makes adjustments accordingly; monitors product and removes any product that is improperly formed or overlapped.
- Operates and shuts down equipment in the processing/bakery area in accordance with established procedures to include change overs and preventative maintenance.
- Communicates and/or escalates quality issues to appropriate team members.
- Reads and understands batch sheets including following recipes and accurate weighing of raw materials.
- Monitors and logs current temperatures, mix times item numbers and raw material weights (piece weights of extruded product) and make adjustments accordingly.
- Monitors for possible foreign matter.
- Follows sanitation procedures for clean ups and change overs, including chemical handling.
- Tracks and disposes of waste accordingly.
- Moves raw ingredients using material handling equipment including but not limited to forklift and/or pallet jack.
- Maintains proper raw material levels at all times, unload raw materials trailer, and keeps appropriate personnel updated in raw material needs.
- If applicable, monitors correct seasoning coverage amount and makes adjustments accordingly.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping/5S and personal protection; keeps work area clean; stores supplies in designated areas; keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstructions; removes trash from work area floor; follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes, and weights of objects; identifies/reports defective equipment; reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required.
Statement of Coverage (In absence of incumbent, outline who will perform the essential duties and responsibilities; applicable for Quality Supervisors and Managers only.) N/A
Scope of Responsibility (List Title(s) of Jobs Supervised, Authority to act, number of employees supervised, sales volume $, projected budget $, level of decision making or impact of decisions made to the organization. An organizational chart should be included with job description when submitted)
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (Knowledge, skills, and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job – writing skills, communication skills, analytical skills, attention to detail, license, specific technical skills, etc. List licenses or professional certifications required for the job.)
- Attention to detail, mechanical ability, ability to multi-task.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable communicating to team members and leadership staff.
Education and Experience (Minimum and preferred educational requirements, years of experience needed to successfully perform the job – High School or GED, High School plus specialized vocation or technical education, college degree)
- High School Diploma or GED and/or 1 year of production experience in a manufacturing environment required. CPT (Certified Production Technician) certification is a plus.
- Professional Licenses or Certifications (List professional licenses or certificates required for the job N/A
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job)
- Sitting-Seldom, Frequently
- Standing-Frequently, Continuously
- Walking -Frequently
- Driving-Seldom, Frequently
- Using hands-Continuously
- Climbing-Occasionally, Frequently
- Stooping, Kneeling-Occasionally
- Talking, Hearing-Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling -Continuously
- Up to 10 pounds -Continuously
- Up to 25 pounds-Continuously
- Up to 50 pounds-Seldom/Never, Frequently
- Up to 100 pounds-Seldom/Never, Occasionally
- More than 100 pounds Seldom/Never, Occasionally
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while successfully performing the essential functions of the job)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Subject to indoor facility and outdoor weather conditions, dust, noise, heat/cold.
- Noise -Fair
- Dust -Fair
Travel Required (Indicate type of travel and % of time travel is required)
- Minimal travel may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.