Bid Writer, Australian Services - Flexible location
Sell a 'product' you're passionate about! Our Australian services are growing, and we're looking for a talented, collaborative bid writer to coordinate and craft winning tenders and funding proposals to help us sustain our impact and take us to the next level.
Save the Children is no ordinary international not-for-profit.
We're ambitious, creative and outspoken. We stand up for children's rights. We've been working in Australia for over 70 years, delivering game-changing services for our most vulnerable children and families - from early learning in Collingwood to youth justice diversion services in regional NT and domestic violence prevention work in remote Queensland.
Where you come in:
In this full-time permanent role, you'll help us sustain and increase our income, impact and influence in Australia. Based at home or in any of our offices across the country, you'll work with teammates and technical specialists to coordinate, support and draft successful high value tenders and proposals.
You will make an impact by:
- Supporting Australian Services teams to establish a clear and compelling bid win theme and/or value proposition
- Drafting new bids and/or managing bid processes, with timely input and review by relevant technical specialists
- Supporting internal quality assurance processes, i.e. editing and/or reviews, to ensure every bid is clear, compelling and compliant, and
- Undertaking data analysis, market scans and government budget or policy reviews
... You're a great communicator, with experience in drafting funding proposals and an ability to distil technical information into compelling text that is tailored to audience. You're a versatile team player, committed to ongoing learning and development, and willing to put your hand up to help colleagues across the business deliver on priorities. You're adept and creative in solving problems, comfortable with tight deadlines or changing parameters, and energised by the chase.
This role requires:
- Prior success in new business development, ideally in the Australian children and family services sector or similar
- Strong writing skills, with an attention to detail and the ability to convert technical input into text that is tailored to audience
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating multiple stakeholders to meet strict deadlines and quality standards, and escalating issues requiring resolution
A degree and/or qualification in a relevant field, for example communications, commerce/business or project management or public administration is desirable but not essential.
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job.
It's the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same. In addition to a connection to social causes, you will have access to:
- Individual learning plans to assist in your career development
- Full salary packaging benefits
- Additional annual leave options available
- Agile work environment including working from home
- Child and pet friendly work environment
We'd love to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on one of the buttons in the 'Apply' section.
Applications close Wednesday 1st July 2020.
Position Description - Bid Writer.
At Save the Children, we seek a workforce that is as diverse as our society - in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, cultures and beliefs - and reflects the communities we work in. We believe diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and core values and we demonstrate this commitment through all our employment practices. Our inclusive workplace culture contributes to making Save the Children a great place to work.
Save the Children Australia is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check where necessary, and sign our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Save the Children Australia supports the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. If you are successful in your application, we will request consent to access HR held information pertaining to your last 5 years of employment. You can read about the Scheme and our commitment to Safeguarding here.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.