Building Surveyor (6842)
Search & Apply Job description Key Points
DBS - Enhanced (Pre-employment)
Salaried - Permanent
Interserve Group Limited is one of the world’s foremost support services and construction companies. Everything we do is shaped by our core values. We are a leader in innovative and sustainable outcomes for our clients and a great place to work for our people. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and frontline public services. We are headquartered in the UK and have consolidated revenues of £2.9bn and a workforce of circa 60,500 people worldwide.The Role
Interserve is one of the world’s foremost support services and construction companies. Everything we do is shaped by our core values. We are a leader in innovative and sustainable outcomes for our clients and a great place to work for our people. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and frontline public services. Headquartered in the UK, we have gross revenues of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 68,000 people worldwide.
Carry out building surveys, Building Surveyors duties (i.e. GC/Works/5 Consultant) and provide professional advice on property and construction for commercial, industrial, leisure and residential projects.
- Carrying out building surveys; determining the condition of existing buildings, identifying and analysing defects, including proposals for repair;
- ensuring projects are completed on budget and to schedule;
- advising clients on schemes and projects and determining requirements;
- preparing scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works;
- organising documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes;
- advising on energy efficiency, environmental impact and sustainable construction;
- instructing on the preservation/conservation of historic buildings;
- advising on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings;
- dealing with planning applications and advising on property legislation and building regulations;
- assessing and designing buildings to meet the needs of people with disabilities;
- instructing on construction design and management regulations;
- negotiating dilapidations (when there is a legal liability for a property's state of disrepair);
- carrying out feasibility studies;
- advising on the health and safety aspects of buildings;
- advising on boundary and rights of light disputes and party wall procedures;
- preparing insurance assessments and claims.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Degree Qualified Building Surveyor or associated relevant discipline
- Competent in Microsoft excel & word
- Experience with hand held technology/software (Kykloud distinct advantage)
- Previous experience with acting in ‘Building Surveyors’ role in line with consultant/framework appointment (i.e. GC/Works/5) or similar experience preferred.
- Experience with condition surveys of commercial/civil government estate essential.
- Previous experience managing minor works projects.
- Previous experience in CoW role an advantage.
At Interserve, we support people and organisations to manage change – helping to create improved and better environments in places where people live and work.
Our direction and behaviours are underpinned by a set of core values:Everyone has a voice
Everyone has a voice, so we listen and encourage openness. We value all views and opinions, we welcome discussion and we treat people as we, ourselves, would want to be treated - with respect and patience.Take pride in what you do
Whatever the task in hand, everybody can and should take pride in a job well done - a job undertaken with care and done to the best of our abilities.Bring better to life
We are all about believing we can do better. Asking questions, thinking differently, seeking solutions and creating ideas to support our customers and adding value.Do the right thing
Doing the right thing means not accepting 'that will do', and not walking by when you could make a positive difference. The right thing also means the safe thing and the sustainable thing.Benefits
Competitive pension scheme
Competitive annual leave entitlement
MyInterserve - Company discount scheme offering discounts at high street retailersOffice Location
Interserve (Ingenuity House)
Elmdon Trading Estate, Bickenhill Lane, Birmingham, West Midlands, England, B37 7HQ
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.