Business Dev Officer III BC Job posting in #Boston #ITjobs
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Business Development Officer III- Business Credit within PNC's Business Credit organization, you will be based in Boston, MA or potentially elsewhere in New England.The Business Development Officer is the face of the organization to clients. PNC Business Credit, in conjunction with PNC Bank is building out its New England team, and you will be part of this growth effort. Individuals with a history of demonstrating initiative and building their own base of clients are preferred, as are strong existing relationships and a track record of success. Experience selling various bank and/or financial products is a plus, especially as it relates to executives at operating companies; the ability to understand not only loan products but also cross-sell opportunities is preferred. This is a dynamic role which provides the right candidate a great opportunity to further advance their career as part of a great team.
- Leads business development activities for credit-based products through active solicitation and cultivation of more complex new client relationships in an assigned market area. Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Prospects, maintains and strengthens a network. This includes dialogues with sponsor groups, financial intermediaries, businesses, accountants, attorneys, banks, and additional Centers of Influence.
- Performs more complex credit structuring and analyzes financial information to determine if the client's financing requirements meet PNC parameters. Manages risk/return and actively identifies and mitigates different types of risk for new clients, such as regulatory, reputational, operational and credit risks.
- Develops comprehensive financing package structured to meet client needs, drive client acceptance and deepen share of wallet.
- Coordinates credit underwriting, due diligence and loan documentation with internal and external partners.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Competitive Environment - Knowledge of and ability to utilize the processes, tools and techniques for gathering, analyzing, and communicating information about the competitive environment.
Credit Analysis and Verification - Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and practices for determining the credit-worthiness of an applicant.
Customer Experience Management. - Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.
Effective Communications - Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Financial Engineering - Knowledge of and ability to utilize the tools, techniques, and practices for creating a mix of financial instruments that will leverage a client's financial resources to an acceptable level of risk.
Knowledge of Underwriting - Knowledge of the full spectrum of underwriting activities, practices, tools and considerations, and the ability to utilize these to manage the underwriting process.
Prospecting. - Knowledge of prospecting principles, processes and skills; ability to identify and engage potential customers in the market. Build relationships and create opportunities. Plan, strategize and target the right industries. Create value propositions with impact.
Selling. - Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet customer needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals. Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to customers.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at .
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.