Business Immigration Associate
A career as a Business Immigration Associate at Fragomen gives you the opportunity to work with a smart, motivated and diverse peer group. Our exclusive focus on immigration means you will practice in an exciting, ever-changing and challenging environment with people who are passionate about immigration. Working in a collegial, team-oriented environment, Fragomen Associates learn from the industry's leading experts. Our firm commitment to quality and best practices is supported by technological innovation that benefits our clients and staff.
As an Associate at Fragomen, you will:
- Conduct in depth research to support client requests and projects
- Draft and prepare letters and legal documents, typically based on established precedents
- Develop expert level understanding of your client base and industries that you support
- Partner with colleagues to resolve client issues, share information and support client projects
- Communicate regularly with clients and foreign nationals regarding procedural, case processing issues and case strategy
- Develop an understanding of the firm’s practice areas and services provided
- Assess eligibility of corporate foreign national employees for non-immigrant and immigrant visa status in the United States.
- Work with client global mobility personnel and the office of general counsel to prepare petitions and applications for submission to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of Labor (DOL) for non-immigrant and immigrant status for foreign national employees.
- Support clients in immigration program management and compliance.
- Supervise the work of paralegal staff in record keeping and document preparation.
Let’s talk if you have the following:
- U.S. JD required
- Member of State Bar
- Prior team management experience strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
- Ability to contribute to positive work environment
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.