Business Intelligence and Reporting Developer
CFIB takes direction from more than 110,000 members in every business sector nationwide, giving independent business a strong and influential voice at all levels of government, supporting them with the tools, advice and resources they need and providing them with exclusive savings and services. Everything we do is focused on increasing business owners' chances of success.
Reporting to the Director, Software Developer this position is responsible for designing, planning, and building a Business Intelligence platform that supports the organization's business units in making better decisions and in real time. This role will be responsible for building the business intelligence strategy across the organization with key input from critical stakeholders.
- Develops systems and supports environments for analyzing data to help drive and support business decisions
- Manages analysis processes and strategies by understanding business drivers and requirements, analyzing and mining data to identify areas of opportunities and gaps in current strategies
- Responsible for delivery of analysis, reporting and tools to help business units help themselves all with the intention of creating a better self serve capability organization wide
- Create documentation and deliver presentations to stakeholders to drive priorities and get alignment organizationally
- Review and document processes and assess recommendations for new solutions, improvements and enhancements to related processes and procedures via the use of technology
- Collaborates with business stakeholders to identify new functionality then recommend and implement the changes
- Help lead business intelligence strategy to help the organization through the adoption and utilization of analytics in their day-to-day decision-making
- Design and develop BI dashboards and reports based on business requirements while building a holistic strategy for future BI capabilities at CFIB
- University degree, with some statistical modelling or an acceptable combination of education and experience. Demonstrated continuous learner specifically in the space of Business Intelligence.
- Minimum 5 years business intelligence experience.
- Strong proficiency and expertise in Power BI and Jet Reports,
- Extensive knowledge of SQL, Data Lakes and Data warehousing and modelling.
- Experience or knowledge of predictive analytics and/or SPSS and experience with integration of digital marketing data like Google Analytics would be considered a strong asset
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills with the ability to influence decisions
- Quick learner with ability to pick up new technologies/skills and business knowledge
- Organized and work within timelines effectively providing high levels of efficiency and productivity
- Must be sensitive to the nature of the information and must maintain all information confidential
- Work interdependently with the Information Technology team with a great deal of autonomy
CFIB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.