Business Systems Analyst II-THPS
Join our team
Join TELUS Health’s Primary Care team which focuses on supporting all of TELUS’s avenues in the Healthcare and Medical sector, from General Practitioners to Specialists and be a force for good by helping ensure that our Electronic Medical Records (EMR) platforms are up-to-date and state of the art.
This high-performing team faces important rewarding challenges head-on, diving deep into the technical challenges presented by both legacy and emerging technologies relating to our EMR platforms.
If you are looking for a challenging role and to fine-tune your technical knowledge by working on projects that will better the Medical and Healthcare landscape for all Canadians, this might be just the role for you!
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
This Business Analysis team within TELUS Health, collaborates with Business Analysts, Software Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts and other stakeholders. The successful candidate will need to possess the skills enabling them to effectively analyze, define and manage the technical requirements related to the systems put in place by the team.
This strategic role will have for purpose to provide subject matter expertise to Business Analysts and to support them, create application and technical design specifications for bug fixes and new features and be responsible for creating and reviewing detailed design specifications, test plans and user documentation aimed at ensuring functional and technical completeness and accuracy.
The incumbent will also be required to provide leadership as a Product Owner to a Scrum team of Software Developers and Quality Assurance Analysts by identifying needs, defining user stories, helping clarify requirements and approving the final completed tasks.
- You hold a University degree or equivalent technical institute or college in the field of computer science or equivalent work experience
- You have 2 – 4 years past work experience in an equivalent or similar role
- You have work experience in or knowledge of the Health sector, preferably in primary care
- You have strong written and spoken English language skills
- You have experience defining non-functional requirements for functional features and have a proven track record of writing technical requirements
- You have experience in software design and networking, SQL and database design
- You have experience working in an Agile environment
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- You are the go-to person for your knowledge and familiarity with JSON, XML/XSLT, SOAP, SFTP and SSL Certificates web technologies
- You are valued for your hands-on UML Modelling experience
- You are recognized for your understanding and ability to communicate architectural design patterns/decisions
- You are comfortable working in an Agile environment using JIRA, Confluence and Jenkins
- You are known to be a strong team player with an interest in taking on new challenges and are proficient working in fast-paced dynamic environments
- You are seen as a self-starter, motivated to drive effective decisions when it comes to developing and implementing solutions to complex problems
- You are sought out for your excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills with the ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders and able to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
TELUS Health is an IT leader in Canada that focuses on the health sector. Our mission is to improve the way information is being used along the continuum of care to better the health of citizens in Canada and in selected countries.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the TELUS Health Solutions Data Center Security Policy, as a condition of employment, all personnel whose job functions require they work at a Data Center and/or have access to detailed knowledge of technology related to client service delivery, are subject to a
: CA-ON-Ottawa, CA-ON-Cambridge
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.