Case Manager (OOHC)
An exciting opportunity has become available to work for Barnardos, one of Australia’s leading children’s charities. Barnardos Australia builds relationships between children, young people, their families and the community. They advocate for children and young people and contribute to community knowledge about their issue.
A full time, permanent Case Manager, Temporary Family Care is required for the Out of Home Care (OOHC) Program based in Cranebrook, Penrith, Western Sydney.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Case Manager will effectively undertake the casework responsibilities of a Temporary Family Care Case Manager and to ensure a high standard of service is provided to children and families.
The successful Case Manager will ideally have:
- A Tertiary level qualification in Social Work, Social Welfare or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience of working with children and young people and their family in a child protection context and knowledge of current child protection legislation
- Demonstrated experience of using electronic case management tool
- Knowledge of the current NSW legislation with regard to the care and protection of children and young people
- Knowledge of the current NSW legislation with regard to working with and supporting of foster carers
- Knowledge of child development and parenting capacity
- Undertake a range of comprehensive assessments and effectively evaluate the information
To be considered for roles with Barnardos you will need to have (or be willing to have conducted) a National Police Clearance and current Working with Children check Clearance (or APP number).
You will also need a full drivers license and capacity to participate in an on-call rotating roster.
$71 345 - $86 937 base (including FBT packaging) + benefits + Super. Motor Vehicle packaging optional.
Expressions of interest
To request an application pack then hit APPLY NOW and submit your Resume. Or for a confidential discussion, please call Tina Garner on 02 9218 2***.
- Work for one of Australia's leading child protection charities
- Excellent staff benefits and salary packaging available
- Make a difference to the lives of children in NSW
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.