Cash Analyst Chicago or Detroit
Cash Analyst-Chicago or Detroit
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Tier II CC@Hire/No CC@Rescreen
Responsible for coordinating, conducting and documenting moderately complex financial, operational, and statistical analyses for the Cash Services Department. Develops and conducts training for departmental staff. Works under video surveillance in a rigorously controlled, valuables handling environment. The level of work required is considered intermediate and staff must be able to work under general supervision. This job does not have any direct reports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and performs moderately complex analyses and projections of financial, operational and/or statistical data
- Analyzes new and pending control requirements which impact FRB Cash Services; develops, revises and communicates appropriate policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Tests and reports on internal financial controls ensuring compliance with all applicable governmental regulations, professional standards, and organizational policies
- Implements enhancements to methods and procedures as applicable
- Participates on District and System projects
- Develops and conducts training
- Prepares written memos and reports
- Identifies and researches problems or unusual trends impacting the business in areas including expenses, volumes, operations and compliance; identifies risk and recommends solutions or improvements to management
- Assists in the preparation, review and monitoring of department budgets and expenses Prepares for and participates in semi-annual Treasury Currency Operations Manual (TCOM) compliance reviews
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience as noted below
- 2 to 5 years of related experience
- Coursework in Operations Management, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or Finance preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated independent thinking and decision-making abilities
- Possesses and applies both specific and broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of the field of specialization to the completion of assignments
- Demonstrated proficiency with applicable software, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Proven ability to perform financial analysis and data interpretation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
What we Offer:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, 401k savings plan, retirement plan, paid time off and transit benefit.
- A continuous learning environment with opportunities to gain new skills and grow your career.
- Onsite gym and subsidized cafeteria
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Other Requirements and Physical Requirements
Able to work under video surveillance in a rigorously controlled, valuables handling environment. Ability to travel. This document indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. An employee's responsibilities, tasks, and duties might differ from those outlined in the job description, and other duties, as assigned, are a part of the job. The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago reserves the right to modify the elements of this job description, as business needs require.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.