Casualty Facultative Lead, Asia
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of our 15,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
We are looking for an ambitious and high performing team player to lead our multi-national Casualty facultative underwriting team across diverse markets and cultures to accelerate sustainable Fac business growth and establish Swiss Re as a preferred go-to Fac market in our Asia Region.
The main responsibility ranges from case / facility production underwriting, daily servicing including engaging and offering solutions to clients and brokers, increasing our market presence, leading and coaching the team and building up the expertise and bench, to developing and execution of business plans, and contributing to portfolio and underwriting strategies. The role also entails collaboration and alignment of stakeholders in a global, matrix organizational environment to collectively deliver the growth aspiration and financial targets of the Asia Region.
This is a regional Asia role covering Japan, South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Southeast Asia, India & India sub-continent, Australia and New Zealand.
Key Accountability & Responsibility:
Underwriting / Portfolio management:
- Leads the Asia Casualty Fac underwriting team to
- underwrite for profit and meet our profitability growth targets
- develop and implement a robust UW strategy to build up a balanced portfolio and drive sustainable profit growth
- ensure a robust new business pipelines and manage renewal maximize our commercial position and pricing adequacy
- mitigate volatility, manage line size and develop alternative approaches that allows us to write business profitably and meet client needs
- work closely with the Product Centre to develop portfolio strategy, provide leadership to the underwriting team to steer the portfolio with is optimized with our profitability targets and external changing risk landscape
- ensure underwriting discipline and adherence to prevailing underwriting and pricing guidelines, Code of Conduct and other corporate governance
- Work closely with the SwiftRe (SR's innovative single risk web portal) champion and cross-functional team to grow SwiftRe as a significant profit contributor to Casualty Fac in Asia through
Leadership and Talent Development:
- Support the P&C Fac Head to build a strong sense of Fac community whilst ensuring continued collaboration and synergy with CMs, Treaty underwriting and other functions
- Build and promote a high performing, hunter and business acumen culture and client centric thinking to the team
- Build expertise and a strong bench through talent acquisition / retention, training & development, and ensure succession for critical positions
- Unleash individual potentials and support development programs such as rotations and short-term assignments
- Act as the SR Casualty Fac face to the Singapore/SEA home markets and ambassador across the Asia Region
- Establish strong / strategic relationships with clients and brokers
- Work closely with Broker Business Development in broker engagement to develop strategic and multi-level broker relationships and develop a Broker Proposition and go-to-market strategy across the Region
- Increase market profile of Swiss Re and underwriting team by hosting events, speaking at conferences, publishing papers, etc.
- Provides product support / technical trainings to clients as determined by client needs
Operations / Planning
- Improve efficiency, year over year, of the Casualty Fac team through simplification, processes streamlining, new / enhanced tools, volume growth with productivity improvement, etc.
- Meet direct costs as outlined in budget plan
- Pro-actively manage operational risks (self-identify issues, incident reporting, drive learning from mistakes, engage with assurance functions in a non-defensive way)
- Develop and monitor budgets and business plans to ensure timely steering and reporting
- Ensuring timely entry of transactions and integrity of data, pricing and analysis into all relevant systems
About the Team
This is a great opportunity to join a team tasked with growing P&C Facultative business for Asia markets across distribution channels. We are a team with varied strengths with a very high level of entrepreneurial spirit, energy and expertise, which we aim to complement and strengthen together with your support!About You
- Possess strong management and Casualty Fac underwriting experience and leadership qualities
- Proven track record in growing / steering Casualty business at a regional level
- Solid (re)insurance technical underwriting background in primary / reinsurance business with at least 15 years of relevant Casualty single risk underwriting experience
- Expertise in General Third Party iability, CGL/Products liability, Product Recall, Professional Indemnity, Project PI, Cyber, D&O single risk underwriting are required. Motor / A&H / Facility underwriting knowledge and skills are added advantage.
- Deep understanding of both primary and reinsurance products and markets across Asia, but experience in other emerging markets can be considered
- Extensive broker or client network are added advantages
- Knowledge and experience in portfolio management and steering
- Experience in leading multi-national teams, mentoring staff of various experience levels and attracting talent
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative, matrix and multi-cultural environment and taking ownership and accountability to get things done
- A deal maker and hunter for business, and ability to identify and develop strategic relationship
- Ambitious and strategic problem solver focused on delivering results and ability to manage conflicts and stakeholder interests and expectation
- Excellent sales, negotiation, influencing and presentation skills
- Efficient and pragmatic
- University or equivalent professional degree
Keywords: Reference Code: 93149
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.