Category Manager - Indirect Corporate
Jones Lang LaSalle EMEA
- Assist or Manage spend portfolio for HR, Marketing, Travel, Consultancy, Legal, Audit & Insurance or other corporate procurement categories
- Develops & regularly maintains/up-dates short-, mid- and long-term category strategy regionally, linking this strategy with overall business strategy/objectives, in alignment with departmental stakeholders (C-suite), as well as, working with the Global Category Manager for alignment and projects
- CM has and/or forges key strategic relationships with (strategic) suppliers/industry leaders and develops those relationships on behalf of JLL being mindful of long-term mutually beneficial and ethical objectives as well as providing the business with access to supplier innovation
- CM is leading key strategic procurement projects and provides expert advice and guidance to the C-level community and business stakeholders across all AMER
- The CM will recommend the qualification of appropriate service providers/supply partners to ensure that we have the best service provision available across the region to deliver value to our internal and sometimes also external clients
- The CM is the ‘ambassador’ of best practice, usage of available technology (e-sourcing), innovation and initiatives through AMER and across the stakeholder community and optimizes the cost and quality of our services
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for regional category strategy development, execution and category performance of all category related activities & objectives for corporate category requirements as well as other JLL entities if required.
- Delivery of financial targets in line with business expectations. CM continuously drives the category opportunity agenda and self-sufficiently identifies, agrees and executes these projects.
- Lead and be accountable for creating strategic solution for complex specific commodity/service requirements, procurement event planning, RFP/quotation management, bid analysis and recommendations, liaison with internal stakeholders for contract approvals, savings reporting, documentation and compliance.
- Create and manage the category project calendar, lead category events, bid process, commercial evaluation, recommendations, contract document preparation, functional reviews and approvals according to JLL Delegation of Authority. Compliance with JLL procedures as applicable.
- Rationalizes supply base and develops clear strategic supply partner framework and maintains this framework at senior supplier level.
- Use Regional market and industry intelligence to identify and qualify new suppliers and use data to support the business and delivery of services. In addition, identify risk, threats and provide solutions for mitigation.
- Supplier Relationship Management tools applied to manage relationship with JLL preferred supply base. Act as the internal issue resolution point and review performance regularly at least 4 times a year with relevant action plans and outcomes thoroughly documented.
- Provide functional leadership and peer group alignment, where appropriate and needed
- Identify opportunities to develop and implement new policies and procedures, including rationalization of legacy policies and procedures.
- Actively engage in and support the use of e-procurement strategy, methodology and deployment.
- Prepare high quality papers and presentations for use with internal and external stakeholders and/or teams as required.
- Apply ethical company standards and ensure Global Procurement policy is applied at all times.
Ability to Manage the Sourcing Process
- Develop category plan with the ability to provide visibility such as supplier summaries, stakeholder engagement plans, contract summaries, and market insights that lead to both short and long-term strategies.
- Ability to negotiate and have proven strategies within areas of corporate spend.
- Lead development and execution of all sourcing-related functions: performing due diligence and assessment of prospective suppliers, executing RFPs/bids, negotiating contracts and ensuring effective transition to operations during implementation.
- Partner with C-level and the business to drive both immediate and sustained benefits to JLL Corporate
- Bring strategic thought leadership to identify additional cost and operational efficiencies.
- Proactively manage internal stakeholder expectations and escalate at appropriate times. Savings - working with sourcing managers and key suppliers, ensure that savings initiatives ideas are being driven to maximize savings impacts.
- Ensure that the savings tracker across regions and globally is kept up to date for the category so that we can demonstrate value add to our internal stakeholders.
- Conduct Preferred Supplier performance review meetings, manage supplier scorecards, contract compliance and service obligations.
- Support a supplier diversity program.
- Subject matter expert for category and considered to be the channel of choice within JLL.
Sound like you? To apply you need to have:
- Excellent Inter-personal skills, Organization skills, Strong Analytical Ability
- The ability to craft long term internal and external business relationships; cause and manage change; and provide strategic leadership is essential
- Ability work on a regional yet align on a global scale with the global category manager. This includes the ability to meet and align category plans with stakeholders in the Americas
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Proven ability to facilitate strategic supplier relationships and work with senior business executives and across procurement leadership
- Collaborative and influencing style with a focus on teamwork
- Proven ability to deliver results in challenging environments yet with entrepreneurial spirit
- Expertise in sourcing and a skilled negotiator and with demonstrated ability to manage change
- Ability to sell and present initiatives and/or new ideas
- Good business acumen with experience in sourcing to leverage and promote ethical sourcing practices
- Excellent PC skills, proficient in MS applications with excellent ability to work with large amounts of data and build reports
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college university
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of strategic sourcing experience
- CPSM certification preferred; MBA a plus
- Role will be based in AON Centre Chicago
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.