Central Sample Coordinator Team Lead
Job Locations US-PA-Philadelphia
Job ID 2020-6330
Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Central Sample Control team. Responsible for the processes involving sample receipt and tracking, invoicing and delivery of final reports to customers. This includes communicating with clients via phone and e-mail.
- Supervises, plans and reviews operations for assigned staff, including responsibility for training, managing and evaluating as well as coordinating, scheduling and assigning work and maintaining facility's standards.
- Responsible for Log In of Client samples received for testing and delivering samples to the testing laboratories.
- Responsible for Initiation of Sample Chain of Custody and ensuring all appropriate documentation is procured prior to release of samples to the laboratories - sample submission form, client protocol approvals, online submissions).
- Responsible for generating Cell Growth Paperwork.
- Responsible for Logging in Viral Clearance samples and Pre-logging in Protocol Samples.
- Placing samples on hold / Quarantine and Releasing samples through the hold process.
- Communicates with laboratory personnel regarding samples received for testing to allow same day delivery of samples or shipment.
- Adds re-tests and cancels tests.
- Sends emails to internal and external clients for sample clarification or client protocol approvals as needed or communicates with Project Manager.
- Sends Sample Receipt and / or Scheduling letters to clients at the end of each Business Day.
- Tracks metrics of team performance and proactively manages changes in scope through a change control process.
- Acts as subject matter expert during regulatory inspections.
- Oversees Central Sample Control group that handles sample receipt and tracking.
- Plans, monitors, and appraises direct reports including performance competencies, goals & job results
- Coaches, counsels, and conducts disciplinary actions
- Develops, coordinates, and follows organizational systems, policies, procedures, and follows labor and capacity standards
- Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Other duties as assigned
- HS Diploma or equivalent required and
- 5+ years relevant technical experience and min 2 years in a Lead/Leadership/Supervisory Role
- BS/BA in Science related field preferred; or combination of relevant Experience & Education
- Training and experience in Good Laboratory Practices, Good Manufacturing Practices and/or Good Tissue Practices required.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with Biohazards /various Chemicals
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Ability to work in variable temperatures high to freezing
Integrity & Dedication, Working Together & Sharing Success; Do the Right Thing & Do it Right.
Our greatest asset is our people, WuXi is dedicated to providing opportunities for internal growth with direct access to a dedicated and accessible Human Resources team.
WuXi AppTec provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.