Certified Diagnostic Lab Tech, Days Center for Advanced Heart Failure TMC
At Memorial Hermann, were about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position is responsible collections, receptions, and distributions of specimens and associated clerical duties including reporting and client supplies distribution. Responsible to and receives direction from the Lead Diagnostic Laboratory Technician and Regional Leadership. Works with other laboratory and administrative representatives in the department to provide efficient and timely collections and reporting of results.
High School diploma
- Phlebotomy certification required by approved medical trade school program (approved agencies:
- American Society of Clinical Pathologist (ASCP) Board of Certification
- American Certification Agency (ACA)
- American Medical Technologist (AMT)
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
American Society of Phlebotomy Technician (ASPT))
- CPR certification required
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- One (1) year of clinical work experience
- Prior experience in a reference lab or customer service setting is required
- Must possess technical and customer-focused vocabulary
- Proficient typing / keyboarding skills
- Must have a positive can-do attitude while providing guidance and technical expertise to other employees in the department
- Must demonstrate a commitment to patient satisfaction and quality care
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs daily lab operations including collections, sample processing, result reporting/distribution, personnel direction (as appropriate), and clerical duties as required to maintain efficient work flow, at a competent level and according to the age/needs of the patient/population served, communicating special circumstances to appropriate personnel.
- Interacts with physician partners, hospital personnel, volunteers, co-workers and patients as to specimens and orders coming into MHDL and Core Laboratory Services and/or reporting results out according to the policies and procedures of MHDL and Core Laboratory Services and with sensitivity to their needs.
- Complies with policies, procedures, and initiatives of MHDL, laboratory services, the hospital, and system; understands, communicates and complies with standards and conditions set forth by various governmental and accrediting agencies including TJC, CAP, AABB, CMS, HCFA and CLIA.
- Performs duties in a manner to promote quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction, while promoting safety, cost efficiency, and a commitment to the PI process.
- Gains/maintains functional knowledge of system computers as required by job assignment.
- Trains new hires, temporary personnel and students.
- Able to execute the One Memorial Hermann culture in providing technical and procedural support to other phlebotomy staff and locations when needed.
- Provides technical and procedural support to other phlebotomy staff at other sites.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors;adheres to all Memorial Hermannpolicies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.