CFO Specialist Finance
This key role must monitor all aspects of financial control and performance to ensure both business management and statutory responsibilities are met. This is achieved by managing a team of professionals and providing advice and information directly to the senior management of the Specialist Finance business as well as Specialist Businesses division Finance.
Financial management & Strategy support
- Support the CFO in driving the Specialist Businesses division Finance strategy.
- Drive Capital insight including Balance sheet management oversight and funding requirements
- Proactive participation in working with the business to deliver the annual BSR (business unit strategy setting process), including alignment and validation of assumptions.
- Preparing business cases and engaging in commercial negotiations to ensure all financial consideration is appropriately reflected and business case assumptions are aligned.
- Drive Balance Sheet management and margin performance and disciplines across Specialist Finance.
- Drive insight of each forecast period including driving initiatives
- Participate and assist the CFO and GMs with Corporate Action related activity and liaison with Group Strategy as required.
- Provide support for adhoc risk/return decisions and scenario analysis in relation to business opportunities.
- Oversee performance of Specialist Finance Business including emerging trends (ie driverless cars, shared economy, Banking Royal Commission, Reviews, online competitors, fintech’s etc)
- Support the Specialist Finance business by building strong working relationships with the General Manager, their business leads and other business stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships across Finance.
- Build strong working relationships with Group Finance and other Heads of Finance across the Group and other divisions in respect of reporting, control and insights.
- Drive effective relationships with external stakeholders, including auditors and regulatory bodies as required.
- Accountability for relevant Specialist Finance entity financial statements and related APRA returns.
- Be relied on for various Board and Governance Committee membership.
- Provide effective governance, high quality advice, insights and support for the business and the CFO.
- Drive the production of timely, accurate and insightful reports (weekly and monthly) for the business that clearly align financial performance results against forecast, highlighting risks and opportunities enabling them to make optimal decisions.
- Ensure procedures are documented and appropriate controls are designed and operating effectively.
- Legal entity owner within Finance for Specialist Finance Entities & related return owner for Specialist Finance related APRA returns and the risk & compliance across these.
- Be proactive on Control enhancement, JUNO management and emerging requirements (such as remediation, new regulations and requirements, accounting changes etc)
- Facilitate continuous improvement through re-engineering initiatives and problem resolution.
- Drive the discussion and resolution of risks and opportunities across the businesses with senior management and executives.
- Drive productivity agenda with Specialist Finance GM & Specialist CFO.
- People management responsibilities to include setting priorities and managing team workload to ensure all deadlines and objectives are met for the team. Including regular 1on1 discussions, performance discussions, setting of Motivate goals, coaching, team building and mentoring across the wider Finance team.
- Manage key person risk in teams and ensure appropriate development and mobility are available at the right times.
- Holds team accountable, holds honest Motivate and 1:1 conversation to drive team/individual outcomes and promotes an environment of inclusion, flexibility & learning.
- Thought leadership to drive a high-performance team of professionals, encompassing technical and operational levels.
- Recruits and retains quality employees including development of a strong bench-strength
- Proactively looks for opportunities to drive team culture and the service revolution.
What do I need?
- Exposure to Auto Finance
- Experience in Financial Control and Business Partnering
- Exposure to Boards, reporting and presenting
- Significant understanding of Banking Products and Distribution businesses.
- Strong technical ability of accounting, balance sheet management and capital returns
- Appreciation of balance sheet funding models (Treasury and Transfer pricing)
- Demonstrated background in managing a team and working with others to achieve outcomes.
- Experience working in a large and complex organisation or division.
- Ability to work well under pressure, managing and effective resource prioritisation.
- Demonstrated people leadership capabilities with high ethical standards and integrity.
How do I apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY button.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.
Finance and Accounting
04/08/2020, 1:42:08 AM
11/08/2020, 8:59:00 AM
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.