Chief Administrative Office Control Manager, Managing Director
The Chief Administrative Office (CAO) is comprised of multiple global functions that support JPMorgan Chase's businesses in 60 countries, including Global Real Estate, Global Security & Investigations, Global Business & Document Services, Global Supplier Services, CAO Strategic Initiatives, Corporate Aviation, Amenity Services, Firmwide Business Resiliency and Firmwide Business Workforce Strategy. CAO colleagues around the world are helping the company work better, faster, cheaper and safer.
Control Management maintains a strong and consistent control environment through a joint accountability model that align managers with each line of business, function and region to mitigate operational risk. The team focuses on four areas: Risk Identification & Assessment, Control Design & Evaluation, Issues & Control Deficiencies and Control Governance & Reporting.
The CAO team is seeking a Chief Control Manager to join the team to lead CAO’s control management efforts.
- Build and lead a team to design and deliver a comprehensive control program, including: designing controls in partnership with CAO business executives; measuring control effectiveness; and providing control implementation support and control validation
- Lead the team through the continued implementation of the CORE framework with a focus on the identification of Key Performance Indicators to provide ongoing monitoring of control performance.
- Partner effectively with colleagues across the firm, business, operations management, legal, compliance, risk, audit, regulators and technology control functions to drive consistent and rigorous operational risk practices and control programs
- Influence business practices, key decisions, policies, strategies, internal controls and standards to drive change through continual evaluation of the operational risk and control framework and continual communication with business leaders
- Establish control governance and reporting to identify meaningful metrics to inform on health of operational risk and control environment; escalate control deficiencies based on key reporting indicators; and manage control committees and forums.
- Manage execution of firmwide programs impacting CAO functions to provide efficiencies of scale and consistency on execution and reporting (ex. OLO, Records management, User Tools)
- Work closely with 2nd and 3rd Lines of Defense for ongoing dialogue on exam planning, preparation, testing and post- exam issue management.
- Accountable for CAO resiliency planning, leveraging the CORE framework to understand key processes and developing robust resiliency plans which are tested in line with the firm’s guidelines
- Advisory role in audits, MRA responses, regulatory exams and action plans (how to write them)
- Managing Material Risk Inventory, Qualitative Operational Risk Appetite, User Tool and Model inventory, Keys process and other control points in partnership with the business
- Hire, manage and motivate a team in executing to reduce financial loss, regulatory exposure, and reputational risk
- Provide ongoing feedback and training to develop employees on risk concepts and the application to risk and control evaluation
- Lead by example, with exemplary personal and professional attributes. Inspire confidence in all levels of staff as well as key partners from other functional areas and across LOBs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 15+ years of experience in operations, operational risk management, process improvement and project management in a sophisticated global banking environment. Prior experience in control management desired.
- Business knowledge - ability to understand the business / knowledge of regulation surrounding business
- Communication/presentation - excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence business leaders in a meaningful and actionable manner
- Networking – exceptional interpersonal skills; exceptional collaboration and relationship building skills
- Work autonomously to affect change - flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; manages competing priorities to achieve the most effective result and able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- Process analysis / design acumen – ability to understand a process and associated risk to inform control design
- Problem solving / Analytical skills - solid critical thinking, attention to detail and analytical skills; able to synthesize large amounts of data and formulate appropriate conclusions
- Understanding root cause / identifying control deficiencies
- Developing timely and sustainable solutions
- Analyze metrics for emerging risk
- Implementation skills
- Writing Action Plans, Procedures
- Change Management
- Decision Making - ability to make subjective and informed decisions based upon output, influence stakeholders and justify decision making
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.