Education and Experience
- Completion of graduate degree(s) from an accredited institution(s) of higher education in medicine, public health, or a closely related field. Master’s degree required, doctoral degree preferred.
- At least five years’ experience in epidemiology, research, and/or public health.
- At least two years’ experience working in federal, state, tribal, or local health departments.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced skills in use of various data analysis software tools and analyzing various types of public health data.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including presentation skills making the results of complex public health analyses easily understandable by non-expert audiences.
- Ability to supervise others and manage projects that require contributions of others.
- Ability to mentor less experienced staff in epidemiologic analyses and presentation of results.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with others within and outside the Department of Public Health on epidemiologic projects.
- A record of publications that communicate complex health analyses clearly.
- A commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.