Chief Technology Office - Technology Regulatory Lead
The Chief Technology Office (CTO) oversees enabling technology capabilities inclusive of engineering and architecture tools and practices, public cloud technology services, application program interfaces, as well as the firm’s technology workforce strategy. This includes improving the firm’s use of the Pubic Cloud, APIs, the Developer Toolchain, AI/ML, Blockchain, Enterprise Data Technology, IT Service Management, and more.
The CTO Technology Regulatory Lead will be responsible for Cloud Regulatory Approvals Project Management and Reporting, Cloud Regulatory Approvals Execution and Transformational Technology regulatory impact assessment supporting JPMC’s global CTO leadership team. This role works in the CTO Strategy, Governance, and Engagement office.
- Lead to build a scalable and streamlined process for regulatory approvals required to move applications to cloud in partnership with Cybersecurity & Technology Controls, Operational Risk Management, Legal, and Regulatory Affairs teams
- Coordinate efforts between application owners, cloud technology product leaders, Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) and local compliance leads to ensure timely completion of regulatory approvals, so risks to cloud transformation roadmap are mitigated and applications / workloads are migrated as planned
- Understand and assess potential implications of new regional and country-specific regulations and guidance from regulators on cloud by collaborating with Technology Policy, Regulatory Affairs and Regulatory Obligations teams
- Proactively assess potential regulatory impact on the deployment of transformational technology such as artificial intelligence and block chain in partnership with Cybersecurity & Technology Controls, Operational Risk Management, Legal, and Regulatory Affairs teams
- Collaboratively lead the firm’s positioning on technology policy for these transformational technologies while contributing to ongoing efforts across global regions
- Project / Program Management and Reporting
- Oversee initiative reviews, milestone management, and risk assessments
- Ensure successful completion of delivery phases including achieving capability enablement with measured business benefits
- Provide executive management reporting for the Global Technology Leadership and Chief Technology Office leadership
- Lead socialization activities, telling the CTO story in a way that connects with the audience inclusive of stakeholders across organizations, global regions, and diverse roles
- Work to reduce application owners’ burden of navigating local regulatory requirements across global regions
- Support Transformational Technology leaders by offering expertise and bringing forward technology policy and regulatory impact considerations
- Support and participate in internal audits, tests from Operational Risk Oversight, and regulatory exams
- Manage Third Party Oversight items
- Educate the CTO team on cloud regulatory approvals and transformational technology policy
- 8+ years of experience in a large fast paced environment leveraging strong analytical skills coupled with good business acumen
- Advanced MS Office skills specifically with Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
- Strategic Thinking: Experience developing technology strategy, business cases and execution plans to achieve business goals
- Customer Obsession: Demonstrable history of making a difference for customers and showing a customer first approach
- Growth Mindset: Experience and passion for learning (technical and soft skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from that; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit
- Problem Solver: Ability to solve complex challenges for customers and have a high ability to solve internal and external barriers understanding internal and external organizational structures, dynamics and tradeoffs
- Intellectual Aspirations: This role will require continuous learning. It is expected that this lead will stay current on industries and technologies and be able to solve hard and complex problems within a matrixed organization
- Executive Presence: Experience in influencing Senior Leadership teams to inform strategy and investments
- Collaborative: Strong relationship-building and negotiation skills
- Excellent Communicator: Able to distill widely variant feedback into root cause issues and provide actionable feedback to other stakeholders. Excellent technical and business presentation, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Performer: Highly driven passionate person, consistently exceeds goals with a demonstrated track record of exceeding goals
- Technical breadth: Enterprise customer level experience with cloud technologies, artificial intelligence, data landscape, architecture designs, industry standards, technology policy, global technology regulatory landscape and demonstrated ability to integrate new technologies on premise as well as on the cloud
- Industry Builder: Understand capabilities of, strategically be able to work with, influence cohesively, build and grow internal and external communities and partners
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.