Claims Customer Care Representative
MLC Life Insurance
MLC Life Insurance. We have been protecting the lives of Australians for over 130 years. We respect the role we play in providing peace of mind for our customers, and we never lose sight of it.
We have an opportunity available for a Customer Care Consultant to join our Melbourne based Customer Operations team.
You will be responsible for dealing with our customers at the initial stage of their claim where you will work with them to gather critical information and educate them on the claims process in a compassionate and respectful way.
In this role, you will:
- Work with our customers to gather and capture data needed for a claim in our systems;
- Build customer confidence by demonstrating accurate knowledge of MLC Life Insurance Products;
- Provide outstanding customer service by providing accurate information on the claims process, as well as determining a customers’ risk profile and setting up their case record;
- Build rapport and trust with each customer; and
- Manage the end to end claims process for low risk and low tenure claims.
- Previous call centre experience (highly desired);
- An Allied Health or Life Insurance background (highly desired);
- Reliable with strong customer service skills;
- The ability to engage with customers that are facing difficult circumstances; and
- Strong attention to detail.
MLC Life Insurance is one of Australia’s leading life insurance specialists and a member of the Nippon Life Insurance Group, one of the world’s leading insurers. We are guided by our simple purpose: ‘A Promise for Life’. We provide over 1.5 million Australians with reassurance that they and their loved ones will be supported when they need it most. It’s a promise that provides peace of mind and helps them sleep at night.
Our purpose is supported by Our Values of Do What’s Right, Deliver Together, Make it Simple, Own it and Aim High. It’s how we work together and behave every day in every interaction with our customers and each other that defines who we are.
Our strategy puts our customers at the centre of our ambition to be Australia’s leading and most trusted life insurer. It is through the commitment, energy and talent of everyone at MLC Life Insurance, working together, that we make a positive contribution to the lives of our customers. To support all at MLC Life Insurance to be at their best every day, we offer a flexible work environment centred on development, wellbeing, recognition and contribution.
With more than 1,600 people nationally, we believe our success is built on the unique contribution of our people. Diversity and Inclusion is core to what we believe in and who we are. We aspire for everyone at MLC Life Insurance to feel valued and respected for who they are.
Why Choose Us?
At MLC Life Insurance, you will have the opportunity to:
- work with a WGEA cited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
- enjoy flexible work options and an inclusive environment where everyone is respected and valued for who they are and their unique contribution
- embrace a culture of customer centricity and an ambition to be Australia’s leading, most trusted Life Insurer
- access CircleIn Parental Support - an online support resource for our working parents
- access a range of benefits including competitive salary, lifestyle leave, two days volunteer leave every year, recognition of service milestones; and
- wellness and lifestyle offerings including access to Uprise – our Digital Wellbeing Program, as well as discounts on a variety of lifestyle and entertainment products and services.
Should an applicant be the preferred candidate, background checks (including Federal Police Checks, Employment checks, ASIC banned and disqualified persons and Bankruptcy checks) will be completed prior to the candidate's employment being confirmed. The outcomes of the background checks do not automatically bar candidates, however they will be assessed against the inherent requirements of the position.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.