Claims Operations Assistant
Location Name CA, Los Angeles
Date Posted 2 months ago(5/5/2020 9:00 AM)
Company Berkley Custom Ins Mgrs
Primary Location US-CA-Los Angeles
From middle market to Fortune 500 companies, our Excess Casualty team is committed to providing excellent service and a consistent approach to meet the needs of our brokers and their customers.
We seek to outperform our competitors with a focus on understanding client's priorities and developing creative risk solutions to meet their long-term needs. Our key differentiators include the following:
EXCLUSIVE WHOLESALE MARKET - We are committed to the wholesale brokerage community and continually build upon long established relationships with a passion for superior service for our appointed producers.
OUR PROFESSIONALS - We attract and retain professionals with significant excess insurance experience, many over 25 years, with a culture that promotes integrity, excellence and respect.
LONG-TERM APPROACH TO ACCOUNTS - We continually seek partners for the long term who share our values and our risk management discipline.
Long-term relationships have been our management's trademark in over 30 years of serving customers in the Excess & Surplus marketplace. Our team is dedicated to serving the varied casualty exposure needs of our brokers and their customers. By truly understanding your risk exposures in a constantly changing global environment, we can better work with you to keep risk placement recommendations current and responsive.
* Receive new claim losses and verify accuracy of information coverage.
* Set up new claims and create claim files ensuring accurate data is input/used.
* Create for Claims Examiner review and send acknowledgement letter to brokers, agents and insureds as well as initial reinsurance notices.
* Prepare and process claim payments as directed by the Claims Examiner and/or management.
* Process loss runs as needed.
* Provide customer service to agents, brokers, and insureds & underwriters.
* Assist Claims Examiners and management by providing additional administrative support to ensure team is effectively operating and meeting performance goals.
* 3 -5 years of previous claims processing experience.
* Ability to multitask with strong organizational skills.
* Operate and contribute positively in a team-based environment.
* Strong working knowledge of computer systems and various applications.
* Property and Casualty license preferred.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.