Client Service Associate Family Office Services
Job Locations US-MA-Boston
Best-in-class service, stewardship, independence, seamlessness, and transparency - these are the five core values that define the talented professionals at Andersen. We are committed to hiring highly motivated individuals who desire to enhance their career and make a distinct impact. Andersen is one of the largest independent tax firms in the United States, providing a wide range of tax, valuation, financial advisory, and related consulting services to individuals, commercial clients, and alternative investment funds. Andersen is the founding member of Andersen Global, an international association of legally separate, independent member firms with over 4,500 professionals worldwide. In the U.S., Andersen has more than 1,000 personnel located in 19 cities across the country. Our team of top advisors has extensive backgrounds in international accounting firms, law firms, IRS, and state taxing authorities. We demonstrate our commitment to our people through programs like our Women's, Veterans', and Diversity initiatives, which allow us to maintain both a positive and supportive work environment. We aim to be the benchmark for quality in our industry and serve as the standard by which other firms are measured.
At Andersen, we offer a rewarding career path for exceptional and motivated individuals. From the moment your employment begins, you will be exposed to a wide variety of projects that will give you the opportunity to stand out and make a difference. Additionally, due to our favorable Managing Director to Associate ratio, you will receive significant hands-on mentoring from our senior professionals who are invested in your growth and development. We foster an environment based on learning and allow our employees to grow through hands-on work experience, participation in local office and national training programs, and strong mentoring relationships. Through our sustained growth and best-in-class service, we can offer substantial long-term career opportunities and the tools you need to become an emerging leader. If you want to be a part of a growing and exciting organization, then consider your opportunities with Andersen - a name from the past, a firm for the future.
Please view our website at for additional information on Andersen.
Andersen offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement programs, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, professional accreditation assistance, and other employee incentives.
At the Andersen Family Office, the Client Service Associate supports Client Advisors and engage with internal team members, external advisors and clients. Client Service Associates are an indispensable member of the client service team and are responsible for the daily accounting and operations for a diverse group of clients. This role is a team-oriented position focused on ensuring accuracy and timeliness of client deliverables, identifying planning opportunities and implementing client decisions.
- Coordinate the preparation and review of the books and records for clients, including accounting for and reporting on investments, real estate, boats, planes, small businesses, and other assets.
- Prepare and take ownership for bill pay for clients, including bank reconciliations and vendor reports.
- Record and reconcile credit card, bank account and investment activity.
- Possess an understanding or a willingness to learn how to account for illiquid investments, such as private equity and hedge fund investments and how to reconcile.
- Liaison with external advisors, vendors and clients timely to provide extraordinary pro-active service.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial statements as well as other analytical reports.
- Demonstrate an aptitude and desire to learn financial planning disciplines, including estate and gift tax planning, income tax planning, charitable giving programs, cash/flow/budgeting, risk management and family governance.
- Assist with compiling tax data for tax preparation services, including participation in tax planning discussions.
- Maintain supporting schedules, workpapers, and electronic and/or paper files.
- Coordinate with payroll services and employee benefit providers.
- Develop an understanding of the client's property casualty and life insurance programs and assist with the client's advisors implementing any plan year adjustments.
- Participate with estate administration projects and assist in estate planning opportunities.
- Assist in preparation of client meetings, attend client meetings and assist with the follow through of action items.
- Begin to take a leadership role in providing timely constructive feedback to team members as part of the client engagement review process.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related degree; Master's in accounting, CPA and/or CFP (or in the process) is preferred.
- 2+ years of prior accounting experience, preferably at a Big 4 firm; a large regional accounting firm or a family office.
- Strong QuickBooks skills required.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Advanced knowledge with MS Excel skills including vlookups and pivot tables.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of US GAAP and Other Comprehensive Basis of Accounting.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP and a plus.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a team player and promote a cooperative work atmosphere.
- Initiative and ability to act proactively.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Confidence to challenge colleagues and clients in an appropriate manner.
- Initiative to seek out opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
- Efficient in problem solving and decision making.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Andersen welcomes and encourages workforce diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sexual orientation (including gender identity and gender expression), mental disability, physical disability, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), age, marital status, military status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or regulations. All qualified individuals, including those with criminal histories, will be considered in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. Additionally, we make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
ANDERSEN TAX LLC NOTICE FOR JOB APPLICANTS
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.